Y&R: Car accident and flashback make Nick 'Restless'

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was too much chemistry not to give them a go. The show as getting a ton of positive response on the pairing. As of late, the writing for them is sorely lacking. But then, the writing for everyone is sorely lacking.

• Members

Come on, everything's been lacking about them ever since they became a legitimate couple. The affair was fun, nothing about the legitimate relationship was...

There's never been any real conflict in that relationship ever since the affair. What kind of soap opera is this?

As I said before, Phyllis too much a dynamic character for laid-back Nick, these two types of characters don't mix well together unless its something comedic. Phyllis needs another real dynamic character that challenges her. Nick needs someone more compatible with him as well.

Also, you can't deny that the Phyllis characters has done a total 180 overnight ever since she and Nick became a couple. What made Phyllis so interesting was that she used to be a layered character who battled between the good and bad side of her consciouness. I can't stand stepford Phyllis.

• Members

It always seems like they are afraid to really "touch" them as a couple due to their popularity. Phyllis was a lot more fiesty with Nick during the affair, when they were looking for Daniel and before they got married. I don't like Stepford Phyllis either and even as a fan I am dying for some conflict. There was some with the amnesia storyline last summer but I need to see them deal, and I mean really deal, with how they are different. I mean, opposites can attract but let's show them living that out.

• Members

I think it has more to do with bad writing that that Phick was Latham's pet relationship. Maria seems to have carried the torch, but not as obviously.

Yes, and that was before they became a real couple. They had something forbidden about them. When the forbidden factor was gone, everthing that made them interesting left, IMO.

Latham forgot Nick had amnesia like a month afterwards, talk about bad writing. I have to give Maria credit for finishing this loose end.

Phyllis needs to be involved in another bitter custody battle. Break Nick and Phyllis up over something huge, and have their divorce and custody battle over Summer play out in a realistic way. Then they can pair Phyllis with a much darker character and let the dynamics fly!

Also, it would help if this whole Restless Style venture went away, like have the company go bankrupt. Maybe that could be the first thing in a string of conflicts in their relationship?

• Members

Phyllis & Nick, as characters, have been assassinated by the marriage. The affair was good and believable (thin line between love and hate, the Newman marriage was a joke) but the marriage is horrible. Phyllis has become a watered down Stepford wife and Nick is just lifeless.

Two things need to happen in order to rescue these characters (and the actors, Michelle Stafford cannot be happy with the crap she's been playing). 1- End Restless Style which is a total disaster. 2- Break Up Phyllis and Nick.

• Members

What will make him getting his memory back any different than when he lost it? He and Phyllis are so boring.

The most interesting Nick's been in ages was when he was running after Sharon in locked bank vaults.

• Members

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why she went to jail? I mean, I can think of any number of reasons for her being incarcerated but THAT? They gave her all the consequences of that conflicted character we miss, but with very little of the real Phyllis leading up to it.

• Members

The only crime she committed and left evidence of was when she extorted Brad's affair with Sharon to get someone on the Newman board. But really it was just to appease the fans who kept crying out, "I will never like Phyllis until she's paid for running over Cricket and Paul, resulting in his dick malfunctioning and us being subjected to Danny and Cricket reuniting." Now Phyllis has done some jail time for the least of her sins, while Brad continues to run around scott free despite being a killer and an identity thief. Justice on Y&R is non-existent.

Archived