Days: Week of May 5th

• Administrator

F U Daniel!

F U Chelsea!

They're being written as a tortored couple??? WTF!!!

"Oohh.....I can't be with you."

"Why not???? I don't care about my boyfriend anymore even though he's kind, he's sweet and loves me."

"But you're my paaaaaatient."

"Noooooo, I'm not anymore."

"I have to leave town because being around you is too much, even though I can have any woman I want and even if you look like you just stepped out of a Hannah Montana concert. " (stole the Hannah Montana line from Cheap21) :D

"Don't leave town, I love you."

Talk about going from point A to point G!!! Where's B, C, D, E, F??? I can't stand out these two are being written.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just not feeling Daniel and Chelsea, either. Once again, we have a writer who simply get's an idea, and has to automatically force it on screen. There is NO build up, and no chance for fans to get emotionally involved. It's kinds like "lets make this work fast....."

It reminds me of Langan and Jope. He just had to see DH & KA together on screen, and once he did it, we had to watch flashbacks over and over again. We watched it again yesterday....will it ever die?

I almost liked Vitali today. I wish they would have shown the body being found in the river. That could have been a big, soapy moment that would have provided some drama on a show lacking it right now. Kate once again is being used, and that I'm glad of.

Max/Stef/Nick....snooze!!! I have a feeling Dena will eventually write Nick off. That sucks since he's a Horton, but since she's stuck on Dan/Chelsea....what can he do on the canvas? I think he will be written off soon, and quickly. JUST MY OPINION...not trying to start a rumor, floks ;)

• Administrator

Yup. Everything about Chelsea/Daniel is badly written.

Yeah, Nick's a goner. :( Nick/Blake is unique to daytime, you know not the typical soap hunk, and it's a shame he's been wasted.

• Members

I don't think buildup is the problem. I don't mind the story but they need to play out the age difference more. That is the major complication IMO, moreso then the patient stuff. If they focus on that, it can be good.

I've been saying Nick is gone too but the fact that he hasn't been fired yet and there seems to be some stuff coming tells me they may take him in a new direction. I still think Chelsea/Daniel are not endgame. I think they are using her a catalyst to delve into his past and she will eventually reunite with Nick.

• Administrator

I sort of hope you're right, but then, right now, I think I'm over Chelsea/Nick because Chelsea's cheating on Nick without even giving him a thought. It's like, Nick who? It's an icky feeling, especially when they're writing her as a heroine. The writing for Nick/Chelsea and Chelsea/Daniel is so flawed. It's hard to watch.

It's just not the age, it's also how they look. Rachel Melvin still has a baby face and she looks like she's her late teens. Shawn Christian looks like he's in his fourties (which I think he is). And of course the bad writing doesn't help.

• Members

I love Daniel & Chelsea. You could see thme falling for eachother from the moment they met. Then after he saved her fathers life she really fell. When taking care of her you could see he was falling more and more for her. He knew it was wrong and he shouldnt be, and you could alsot ell something had happened in his past that was making him try to pull back. She didnt care wand wants him, forgetting alklk about nick who she had been falling out of love with since i would say last summer to be honest.

The age diff doesnt bother me. I think RM & SC have mega chem together. I dont mind there wasnt osme huge epic buildup. In real life some couples do just get together. And it isnt like there isnt conflict and angst because there is. I really cant wait for Victor and Bo to find out. Hope already seems to not be happy about it.

I would, as much as i am an ejami fan, love to see SC & Ali Sweeney tho. I just think those two would have amazing chem together.

I am also looking forward to more of Morgan and Philip.

• Members

Chick was ruined for me me pretty much last summer when Hogan messed with them too much. That is one thing I can blame him for. That whole TTS and Chelsea/Jett debacle just ruined them and other then flashes here and there they have sucked for me. Hell, we never even got to see their first or second love scene last year so that didn't help.

I agree about the look of Chelsea but I used to feel the same way in the early days of Bo and Hope. There wasn't much of a age difference but Kristian had such a baby face then and Peter looked much older IMO at that time so it did creep me out a bit early on. If they focus on the age and other complications and keep writing Chelsea mature, then it can work. I disagree about the bad writing though. I don't think the writing is hurting this story too much, other then what I've mentioned and that may or may not still happen. Not saying the writing is perfect overall but I don't think it's hurting this particular story at all IMO.

• Members

But that's the problem for me...I didn't see anything like that. I saw Chelsea developing a hero worship type of crush on a doctor that saved her father's life. I saw nothing from his POV and can't see a reason in the world a 40 something doctor would be interested in this young imature girl who also happens to be his patient. It's completely unethical and on top of that he knows she has a wonderful boyfriend who loves her, and that she hasn't even had the emotional maturity to break-up with, yet he dosen't even care? How can I root for them? It also doesnt make any sense that NOBODY Chelsea has confided in is the slightest bit bothered by this instant-love for her doctor after her life-altering illness? Bo, Kate, Stephanie, Lexie and Victor should be telling her what she is feeling is inapproperate and maybe she needs some psychological counseling after her devastating news. As Chief of Staff Lexie should be seriously questioning Daniel's ethics and sutibilty to be a doctor in her hospital!

I hate this stupid stupid story!

Archived