B&B: The Kiss of death goes to...

• Members

This is just hilarious because it totally fits B&B's pattern...

Remember: Two death will occur in April...

The first is *drumroll* TINY! :lol:

So a dog death - again. :D Pet actor call your agent, B&B really is no safe job for you. LOL!

This will fire up Pam's drive for revenge against Donna whom she blames for her dog's death. Should get verrrrry interesting.

The second death is still not confirmed but we might all guess it's Storm. Patrick Duffy returns May 1 for a short stint according to SOD.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you referering to Tiny or possibly Storm?

In case it's the former: I LOVE - and repeat LOVE - it that on B&B death is still such a vital life & death experience so that even the passing of a pet has major ramifications. Compare that to some ABC shows *cough* GH *cough* or LML's Y&R where people got killed off for no purpose at all, no payback, no real story - and these were major characters often carrying the future of the respective show. That is indeed a farce. Especially with all those ghosts walking through daytime these days. It's so crappy abysmal writing without an ounce of longterm thinking, one needed to create an all new word it. Sh*tty and dumb doesn't amount to it at all.

My only grain with B&B's killing sprees is that Brad Bell always ousts the wrong characters when it comes to real character deaths. They aren't THE most pivotal characters on the show but killing off Macy, Taylor, Darla, Grant and now possibly Storm always left a mark and sour note because these were either compelling and great characters and/or too good actors to pass on. If I were after cutting my losses with the B&B canvas I would have killed one of the twins or one of Brooke's children. Not only would this help to tighten the ensemble (B&B has way too many children for such a small canvas, IMO) but also lead to really storyline potential. An example would be Cassie's death on Y&R which was still rather dumb because the loss of Noah would made the story exactly as good but he had not such a backstory/character development which made him the likely future of the show...

• Members

I hate and – I repeat – hate it! :P I mean, it's actually very similar to GH-esque stunts. Only, this time, it's not an explosion, it's a silly killing of a pet or whatever... The writers know people like when B&B becomes campy, it's one of it's most recognisable characteristics, yet this particular campiness is just plain stupid. I'm not going to fall for that; I feel as if someone considers me to be an idiot and thinks I'm going to love it. An offence to my intelligence. The crazy Pam, the teabag, the silly pistol, it's just too much. Feels like a vaudeville.

It feels weird to be antagonising everyone – together with MarkH, I'm the only one who isn't liking the show at the moment. :D

As for your comments about the killings of all the wrong characters, I couldn't agree more. So many great actors gone. I somehow have to get used to it.

• Members

I remember when Sydney Penny was going insane over the death of her dog. I hope Alley Mills gets a similar chance to shine with Tiny's death. I just can't imagine WHO would kill Tiny. It would destroy Donna's character, Taylor isn't drinking anymore and I doubt Stephanie would have anything to do with it. The only real option is Storm killing Tiny for getting in the way of one of his crimes.

Such a shame to lose two great actors so soon. Tiny and Storm should've been the future of B&B.

• Members

The fact that Alden, and maybe now Smith, seem to be behind all this dreck disabuses me of any nostalgia for the two of them at Y&R :-).

Unless Brad Bell REALLY rules with such an iron fist?

Until Lesli Kay, Heather Tom, Susan Flannery are all used properly (as strong, story-driving women), and Katherine Kelly Lang ad Hunter Tylo undergo character repair (Brooke as the good-hearted woman who keeps getting into messes because she *cares too much*; Taylor as the sensible one who makes good choices)....I just can't see myself watching this.

I want to. I really want to love this show and the Bell legacy. But I just can't.

Eileen Davidson needs to go home to Genoa City (where I'd even tolerate her coming between Victor and Sabrina, whom I love). Ronn Moss needs to go to Australia for a while...that character needs a rest.

I'd love to see Susan Flannery's character cope with widowhood...and then use that as the launch of her exit storyline, as she leaves LA to try to build a new life without Eric.

I also think Jennifer Gareis needs to leave. She plays her character well enough...but it just campifies B&B way too much.

Then, with Leslie Anne Down as the campy head of Spectra (THAT I could tolerate), I'd love to see her do fierce battle with a Forrester that is run by Lesli Kay with an assist from Heather Tom.

Finally, I do think that Winsor Harmon, Kyle Lowder, Mackenzie Mauzy, the actress who plays Bridget, and especially Jack Wagner all need to be sent off camera.

At that point, we have a totally female-centric canvas. Then, the time begins to bring on UNRELATED MEN in whom the show INVESTS. I'd even be game for the return of Ridge, but with a recast. I just can stand it anymore :-).

• Members

Awww Winsor Harmon? I actually think B&B would benefit from bringing Thorne into front-burner stories more. WH has grown as an actor, IMO. I see him as a welcome counter-point to Ridge. The anti-Ridge, LOL.

And personally speaking, I think Kyle Lowder is the best Rick to-date. JY and JT were just too "boy."

And I cannot help liking Ashley Jones. I am one of the VERY few who never got the big fuss about Jennifer Finnigan.

But ITA with you about your other points. B&B needs to widen its horizons and use ALL of its talented canvas much more effectively. I wouldn't say no to CJ or Deacon returning to the fold. IA about Donna. She's ok but only on a supporting basis.

Especially agree about sending both RM and JW away. I am beyond done with these two smug, aging lotharios getting all the ladies.

Archived