ATWT: New Lily cast

• Members

This is what I dont understand

so people are fans of the show

And when someone leaves or gets recast some hope the show fails

so because one person is out you want a cast and crew of hundreds or so to lose their jobs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its quite simple. When TIIC treat those that are the true faces of the show, actors that are synonymous with daytime, like garbage, its the same as treating fans like garbage. Its like taking a family member whom you've watched grow and mature over two decades and kicking them to the curb for some stranger that is like an eyesore on the canvas of the show, regardless if they have talent or not.

Lily is Oakdale. Just like Zimmer is Springfield. Lucci is Pine Valley. Hall is Salem. and Cooper is Y&R.

You remove such a pivotal ingredient and you are left with bile.

• Members

^^Yeah, and I like Noelle Beck just fine and I think she's a wonderful actress and person. The statement that I said yesterday wasn't attacking Noelle Beck or Martha Bryne. I was just talking about the soap fans and how crazy they can be. You know, it's kind of like what the fans of Jericho did by sending tons and tons of cases of Peanuts to CBS because they were "nuts" for Jericho. However, in Susan Batten's case, she got fired in one of the most worst and ugly ways in my opinion.

• Members

I agree that Martha shouldn't have been let go, but if we have to have a recast, I can't think of anyone better than Noelle. I've been wanting her back on daytime for years! I sort of have similar feelings for both actresses--I was watching ATWT when Martha first appeared, and I was also watching Loving when Noelle first brought Trisha to town. It's nice seeing them both growing into beautiful, talented, mature women.

• Members

It completely infuriates me how everyone is saying "She'll do great", "I love Noelle", "She'll be fine".

It's almost as if Martha Byrne quit for nothing. What she stood up for is completely null and void.

I am so beyond fuking pissed right now.

• Members

For anyone not sure what Noelle Beck looks like/acts like nowadays, I found a few snippets of her in Cashmere Mafia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVIH_hyVNI (at 0:08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BkGwUCR7FE (at 0:15)

She seems a little too sex-kitteny for Lily and would maybe be better suited to a role like Emily. I'll give her a chance though, maybe she's a versatile enough actress and will change her look a little for the role. I hope.

Archived