ATWT: Who would you recast in the role of Lily???

• Members

We all know that Lily is a pivotal part of the ATWT canvas and with MB cofirming that she is indeed out sometime later this spring (late April or early May I think), rumors are that the show is planning to recast the role. If the show does go this route, I began to wonder who would make a good Lily recast and here are my thoughts:

1- Julianne Morris- former Greta Days- To be honest, I think she could pull this role off very well and might just be one of the best recasts to hit daytime in quite sometime. She bears a resemblance to Martha a little bit. Additionally, she can play the dramatic role as we saw when she was on Y&R playing the friend of Nick and Sharon.

2- Kelli Giddish- Di, AMC- I know this is a long shot and probably has alot of readers ROFL but Giddish is very talented and was virtually wasted over at AMC. She can definitely play drama and I am sure she could handle anything the show throws at Lily. Of course she would need to work on her accent and darken her hair, but I wouldn't mind seeing her in the role either.

3- Susan Haskell - Marty, OLTL- Even though I would LOVE to see her back on OLTL, I wonder if it is going to happen. If it does not, then I think Haskell would be another good fit for the role of Lily on ATWT.

4- Julie Pinson- Okay, Julie may not be the best choice for Lily ( I could see her more as ATWT's Molly) but Julie does have the spunk that the character of Lily once had.

I soooooo need a banner with these 4 pictures in them...unfortunately I do not know how to make one :(. Okay I given my thoughts, I would LOVE to hear y'all's....... and please don't slaughter me for posting this topic as I am a HUGE fan of MB's. Have a great day and weekend everyone!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

how about lauralee bell? just kidding.

honestly, no one. it would be like recasting a main diva. it would be too much to recast amc's erica, atwt's carly, b&b's stephanie and brooke, days' marlena and hope, gl's reva, oltl's viki and dorian, y&r's nikki.

gh might have pulled it off with carly, but lily has been around since forever. it just wouldn't work.

• Members

I wouldn't recast either, at least for six months. I'm not a big Martha fan, so I think any "fresh" perspective on the role would be the only way to keep the character relevant. :D

I'd hate Chappell in the role, however.

• Members

No one should take the role. What's been done here is a travesty.

That said if I absolutely had to recast I would choose either Laura Koffman, who is a great idea Deee and my first choice if they can do her hair lighter, Susan Haskell, or Robin Christopher (if she can handle playing an "earth mother" and not do her usual "smoldering gaze, slinky cat" crap that she's fallen into a rut with). I think Crystal Chappell is too cosmopolitan, though RC has that problem too. I think all the other people suggested are too young, and SH as well skates that line to me. She looks too young anyway.

Archived