ATWT: Who would you recast in the role of Lily???

• Members

Juniorz I am not disagreeing with you./... In fact after I went back and read what I typed I realized I had typed it wrong and that MB did come after Lucy Deakins, because she was like 12 or 13 when she took over the role and won an Emmy when she was 16. That's what you get for trying to type in the forums on your lunch break...lol. I also this is not another case of what happened with RB and AMC. You know bring someone in for a few months and when the fans get used to them.....boom hype "The real Lily returns".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree. Having watched MB when she first started and somehow defying the odds of transitioning into an adult, I've enjoyed watching her. Some of the stories have really sucked -- but I'll admit I liked the Simon/Lily survivor S/L and the addition of Rose -- it allowed her to show a little more of her personality. My bet is that Lily goes off for a few months and they work out a new deal with MB. After all, she did state that she was willing to sign a multi-year contract even knowing that there is less money available. Regardless, I only wish her the best.

• Members

I think Paige Turco would be an excellent recast. She's a good actress, in the right age range (42 according to IMDB but looks younger), and has a prior working relationship with both P&G (when she played Dinah on GL back in the 80s) and Chris Goutman (when she played Melanie Cortlandt on AMC in the early 90s, when Goutman was one of the show's directors). I saw her on an older episode of Law & Order SVU last night, and it dawned on me that she would be great as Lily.

• Members

I dont think length of time means anything as long as theres a good actor in the role. Ive seen long time roles be recasted successfully. Jerry Von Dern on OLTL came and took the role over of Clint from Clint Ritchie (who was in the role for 20 years) and is universally loved

• Members

Can you blame her? Look at how ATWT is writing all their characters. Most of them come across as insufferable fools. Didn't Douglas Marland say that you should communicate with actors because they are the ones that know their character better than anyone else? Besides, I doubt she was asking for extraordinary demands in storyline approval. And didn't Colleen Zink Pinter ask for a "cancer storyline" and received it. Same thing with Victoria Rowell on Y&R with the "Foster Care" stuff. As long as the storyline demand (such a strong work) is reasonable then I don't quite see a problem with it. Sure, she might have been pulling a diva moment; but when you see your character going down in flames, then you really don't have much to lose.

Archived