ATWT fans protest (Luke/Noah)

• Members

This whole thing keeps getting bigger and bigger.

There was a segment on Showbiz tonight about it, and someone Van's site was contacted by a woman name Cathi from Wetpaint who has contacts with Ellen, The View, Leno, and Lettermen that wants to get this story on those shows.

Here is the letter she got:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/vanhansis/inde...?showtopic=6926

I don't know I could see this backfiring big time. There was a direct quote from Van on the kissing in SOW last week. Here is what he had to say:

So he is saying the show has been supportive. I just hope that it doesn't backfire because I like Luke and Noah.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this will totally backfire on the Nuke fans. Isn't it possible that the show could be backing away from the story because of the total lack of chemistry between the actors and because Jake whatever his name is, is horrible in the role?

That being said, I do scratch my head at the Family Group or whatever they call themself, protesting . Come on, soap operas have ALWAYS been about murder, sex, backstabbing, lying, cheating, stealing. Where have they been all this time when that was going on? Soap operas have never been about clean family fun.

I just think that the Nuke fans have made way too much out of this and the lack of kissing could be something as simple as wanting to back out of the story because the actors are so incompatible and one of them desperately needs acting lessons.

• Members

Whenever white LBGTQ people want to make a point they almost ALWAYS reference the CRM.

No one said anything about having a monopoly on human rights.

But there HAS to be something said for the creation & continual advancement of the paradigm that subsequent groups have benefitted from.

About 600 years ago my ancestors were in a similar predicament. Only on a much larger scale.

There are no generalizations being made but what would POC know about struggle, right?

Apparently that's the sole domain of non-POC too.

In a utopian society.

In an imperfect world for every Isaiah Washington there's a Don Imus or Duane Chapman.

• Members

I wish the NUKE fans every hope in the world. And if anyone else feels they have an issue that needs to be addressed, GET ORGANIZED LIKE THEY DID!

I'll happily support any grass-roots group that calls for more racial diversity on soaps. We need it, but like everyone else, I don't have the time or energy to start one.

• Members

I don't doubt that there are Nuke fans that support all aspects of the show. But there's no denying there's a huge number of people interested in Nuke that don't give a damn about ATWT. And there's a difference between bashing and honest criticism. Not supporting Nuke is just as likely to get you labeled a bigot, no matter what you say, or how carefully you say it.

• Members

Clint, Van's board is just as bad about bashing posters over there. You for one should know that. Thats why I stopped posting over there. I started a thread about Luke being with kevin instead of Noah and it got nasty.

And btw...here is the link to the CNN coverage of Nuke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4Czc75oH8

• Members

I don't think so. I suspect a great deal of Nuke specific ATWT fans would stop watching if Nuke left, so there is a no-lose outcome no matter how it plays out. If ATWT continues to genuflect to the hate mongers of the supposed "family values" crowd, then all that will happen is they'll turn the show off and find entertainment elsewhere.

I never watched ATWT before, but I now watch it on the Nuke channel on youtube. I am not alone in that.

• Members

I really resent how every intellingent conversation here at SON seems to turn into a heated debate at some point or another. And for some reason, people turn their heads or take part in it. Then, the debate turns into a big giant bash-fest until it's eventually closed. PLEASE, people! Learn to respect other people's opinions. You have them, we have them, they have them. You can see things from more than just one angle..it IS possible.

:)

Archived