ATWT fans protest (Luke/Noah)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok so I still want to know how the treatment of the NUKE storyline is any different than the writing of any other gay storyline or pairing recently? Seriously, I'm more pissed off about all the coverage and the treatment like it's the first time daytime shafted the gay community.

Compared to the treatment of Bianca, Noah and Luke have it on easy street. Talk to me when your whole pairing is nothing but the spoiler "growing closer" and glances interpreted any which way, with no sort of real conversation about it all, or the fact that 95 percent of any relationship Bianca was in occured OFF SCREEN. Or the killing off of Rae on Passions and TOTAL back burn of Simone. It's maddening to hear all this talk about equality but not mentioned ONCE in any of the coverage. WTF?

I know that people are trying to not make it a race issue, but the fact that it's finally paid attention to when it's gay white male characters is more offensive than anything ATWT is doing.

As someone who campaigned through the whole Bianca storylines and fought for equal representation of all minorities on daytime, I hope this blows up in their face. Maybe then they'll start to realize the bigger picture.

• Members

Why take a stupid show like queer as folk to task thru letter writing or thru the NAACP? racist people never change, they only appear to change to appease people.

The fact that they aired WHITE brian not kissing his black hookup in season 1 of QAF USA shows how racist that show was.

The fact that the only gay asian portarayal on season 1 of QAF USA was a japanese hooker who couldn't speak english shows how racist that show was.

Yet QAF USA claimed to be furthering acceptance of queer people. HA! perhaps they only want to further acceptance of WHITE queer people and could care less about queer people of color.

When qaf aired, I didn't think of boycotting/beginning a campaign because there was NO point. The creators of qaf usa are most likely RACIST , so why even bother? As for Nuke, it's HILARIOUS that glaad/etc are mobilizing merely because luke/noah are WHITE but they didn't give a flying fig when qaf did the same thing to a black character.

if you need proof go buy the qaf dvd.

• Members

take a lesson from the nuke fans???????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! majority are rabid and claim that anyone against nuke is automatically homophobic. regarding QAF, it wasn't a cause worth campaigning about because the writers are obviously racist. the only time they portrayed an asian gay male was as a prostitute who couldn't understand english. there was no point in changing their minds. "Instead of taking it out on gay viewers" WHAT? Again the nuke fans are being portrayed as the victims. Boo freaking hoo! I wouldn't be surprised but would be equally appalled if the nuke fans/glaad/other vocal gay groups use this "no kiss" situation to ensure an emmy nod/win for hansis. if he doesn't get a nod/win, they'll automatically say "It's homophobic."

• Members

I did not lie. The issue here is not the number of black males Brian slept with. He was a whore who slept with tons of men, a new guy per episode.

The issue is what ATWT and QAF did is the same thing. Both camera angles panned away from luke/noah (white/white) kissing, and brian (white) and his black lover kissing in an episode of QAF USA Season 1. This the TRUTH! This happened in Season 1 of QAF USA! Go watch it.

So why does glaad only protest towards luke/noah (white characters) yet not protest when the same thing was done to a black character on QAF USA season 1?

I stopped watching QAF USA after 1 season. Why?

Because of racist incidents like these. Because all the main characters were white, slutty, hedonistic, and racist. The plots were horrid. The acting was as bad as Hansis and Silbermann. The show was completely racist.

• Members

This from the person that says all human rights/minority issues are interlocking? So should race and queer issues only be paralleled when it benefits queer issues and not when it shines a light on the hypocrisy within the white male-dominated queer community?

• Members

Thats awful. South Of Nowhere is such a great show. Spencer & Ashley are an amazing couple.

However, The-N is axing it as they are going for there old demo, a much younger 10-14 age range. In recent years they went for an older 14-20 age group and it did them well, i dont know why they are shifitng it. I aslo expect a lot less of the older teens on degrassi next season.

Archived