ATWT fans protest (Luke/Noah)

• Members

As I've said before, the Nuke diehards wanted so badly to like them as a couple that they'll look pass crappy writing in the process. Noah could be from Mars and Luke could be possessed by the devil and they'd eat that stuff up if the two were seen kissing and together all the time on the show. It has nothing to do with any substance in their storyline, it has everything to do with them simply being a gay couple. I believe all couples should get equal treatment, but I think Nuke being a "gay couple" allows a lot of the Nuke fanbase to ignore really bad writing, as long as the two are seen affectionate towards one another.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also have to add, when a lot of Nuke fans were ranting about them not being shown much last year and some posters countered with the vets not being shown much either, a lot of the Nukers responded by posting s-h-i-t like "Well, the vets time have come and gone, it's time for a new generation to take over." That really pissed me off.

Nuke doesn't make or break ATWT for me. In fact, as Binky pointed out, they're written in a way where I don't care about them at all.

• Members

I still like them but there storyline is horrible. Yes, I pimped them a lot. Umm...I would rather have seen Kevin and Luke. Seriously writing for them was much better than for Noah and Luke. They hung out together. They got drunk together. :lol: Slept at Lucinda's together. :lol: Once they had Noah cast the writing for them was awful. I guess them being a gay couple made me really root for them. But if I had a choice I would rather see Luke with Kevin. And I dare you to join Van's board and post your thoughts. :lol:

• Members

I wrote a letter to CG and CBS a while back about how Kevin would have been a better choice, and that he should come back and Luke should kick Noah to the curb. If we're going to talk "true love" here, Kevin fits the bill much better. I'll bet Luke would be conflicted as hell if Kevin popped back up, bisexual or gay, and wanted Luke back in his life. Stranger things have happened, and a good fan response could tip the scales in Kevin's favor. For me it's not about kissing so much as the pairing. I don't like the way Luke has been written since Noah arrived. He doesn't do anything wrong anymore and he's been watered down to Noah's level. Both of them are past the point of sainthood, and so if that's the case, why are they even on the soap? Soaps are for baddies and questionable characters, and even good characters that make massive errors in judgment...and if you are going to have Luke be all good, then dammit pair him with a badass, sophisticated, suave, sexy man, with questionable morals, but a soft side only for Luke so there is CONFLICT. Kevin was already "bad"...not over the top, but he did questionable things, and caused Luke to do the same. Even in their current SL, L/N are doing the righteous thing yet again...oy!

EDIT: True Zen, I've seen the same, and it's not right. Sone people don't like them simply because they are a bore.

• Members

Yup, they were hot together. I thought they were headed for romance... Instead we got mopy and dopy Noah.

Exactly, they have to balance each other. Kevin was always getting Luke into trouble. It would have made Lily/Holden and even Lucinda not want Luke with Kevin. It would have been great storytelling.

• Members

Yup, I remember when Holden went apeshit on Kevin for getting Luke drunk. Usually that's how teen romances play out. One side of the parents hates the boyfriend/girlfriend, thus causing them to sneak around and keep the UST high, and keep the audience interested and rooting for them to find a way to be together through it all. And Lucinda wasn't all that hot for Kevin either.

And I've seen as much from other posters that Noah's story was really Kevin's. The abusive father, bad home etc. Kevin's was much more believable than Noah's cartoon character of a father pushing Luke down the ant hill. :rolleyes:

I have no issues with Luke being a good boy -- but right now it's over the top, and if he's going to be good, then have him with someone not so good who will get the couple into trouble, or have cause for a real break-up.

Sorry about my many posts, I haven't really been able to say all this to people who get it! Everyone else always says how sweet and right for each other Nuke are...GAG...yeah right!

• Members

Another Kevin and Luke fan here. I loved Kevin. He was troubled and interesting and full of potential. Plus, the actor who played Kevin was talented and could act. I'll never understand how Luke fans could get behind him getting involved with such a boring character like Noah played by a piece of wood.

I'll protest alright, I'm protesting that Jake Silbermann is so untalented.

• Members

Wow.

I do have the feeling that it has something to do with censorship.

I mean they can always put a warning up before hand for people that are that sensitive.

In all honesty I really can't see the difference between a female gay couple which seems to accepted in soaps both daytime and primetime and a male gay couple which some seem to have difficultly with.

Here in Australia we had our first male gay person on primetime in the early 1970's in a soap called Number 96 and I think this was the first soap in the world that had a gay guy and where there was kissing and nudity involved.

The woman in this first clip I think was also the first female that had a nude scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1ffkRG0Ao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkfI0snxjU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXIINHkWWM...feature=related

Archived