GL Changes Look This Week

• Members

Today episode featuring Alan and Beth in the limo was actually somewhat tolerable. The problem is that the cameramen are STILL DOING THE EFFING ZOOM CLOSEUPS. Whew, those make me sick, they're so unnecessary and they just make the show look like a school project. If Wheeler could just dictate to stop with the closeups and focus on farther away shots, it could work. The music SUCKS though.

All that said, it's all about the writing, case closed. Bad writing = No Show.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show just seems all over the place because of this new format. They go from scene to scene trying to show off all of their sets. It's like they are trying to fit 100 sets in one episode which causes them to end scenes prematurely. All of the storylines don't seem that bad on paper but on tv that's a different story. I think the pacing is just terrible due to them trying to fit in all of those sets.

• Members

^^^I was going to say for all the effort to show the Springfield community, the characters seem even more disconnected to me. Running around for the sake of running around is dumb. Even if the outdoors is nicer to look at then the teeny tiny sets. It slays me that the two heirs of the richest families in town, Bill and Lizzie, are living in a 12x12 hotel room.

• Members

Yeah and they have entriely too many outside shots. I mean it looks nice but I don't buy all of these people walking outside and running to each other especially when they have cars. I had to laugh when Alan ran into Bill outside and they were not in a parking lot going to their cars. And then Beth coinicdentally ran into Bill minutes later.

• Members

I disagree about the actors looking worse. The one think about this change is that the actors look better, imo. I never even noticed how amazing Nicole Forrester's eyes are until they switched over. Everything, including the actor's faces seem more clear to me. I guess that means you can see more wrinkles and flaws, but that doesn't phases me. I still think the people look better. Overall, I don't like the change and I dislike the new theme song as well. I want the pre-anniversary one back.

Archived