Days: Thursday, Feb.14

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAY! Lexie is on and Abe too! I wonder what's wrong with Bo? Oh, and we get to see the airplane flying up in the sky to make things a little bit more realistic thanks to Ed Scott! God, I'm so glad he's on board because it just looks better! The even have one of those clock countdowns on the lower right-hand side of the screen! God I'm loving this show!

• Administrator

Today's show was so repetitive.

Shawn said he wanted to go help John but Belle stopped him - happened 4 times.

Bo tried to get up but almost fell down - happened twice

"You take the oxygen....no you take it.....no.....you take it instead," happened throughout the entire episode.

Now, the storyline isn't bad. There are even some good scenes, like Bo confessing about his cancer and Grampa Shawn wanting to save his son.

It's just the overal breakdown writing is so horrible.

• Members

While I agree the breakdown writing has been awful at times (especially earlier this week-I mean, what do you expect during a strike), isn't alot of that desperation? I mean, wanting to do something but then a loved one keeps stopping you, afraid for you to leave them. I had no problem with it. In fact, if Bo and Shawn had not tried to get up (regardless of how many times they did it), I would have a problem with it. They all would want to help but Belle, Hope, etc convincing them to stay behind gets to them and convinces them to stay (of course, Bo is weak too).

The fighting over the oxygen masks is needed (especially given what happens tomorrow). It's a key story point. I am actually shocked by how good today was with the strike and all. The past two days have been an improvement for sure IMO.

• Members

I love todays show..It was very exciting..and i've been enjoying how the situation has gotten more and more dire as each episode has progress..My favorite parts were Bo confessing his ilness to Hope, Grandpa Shawn saying he is going to give his life to save his son (which was heartbreaking), Kayla and Marlena's interaction, and John saving Steve..

Also i liked that the salemites are starting to find out about the plane malfunctions..Tomorrows show looks incredible..

• Administrator

Thank God, Stephen Wyman is gone and Ed Scott is here. No matter who's writing, at least we know that the production values and directing will be awesome.

Can't for tomorrow. I just hope the breakdown will be a lot tighter than today.

• Members

I just have to say that Friday's US ep is like NOTHING I have seen on daytime before. Ed Scott and the director deserve some major recognition for what they pulled together. Mary Beth Evans, Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso, and the rest of the plane cast, gave amazing performances.

• Members

Late doing this but I will respond to Wednesday and Thursday...

Thoughts on Wednesday...

I like seeing Stax have fun but the romantic aspect sucks.

I liked the Lucas DVD and see the purpose in it but I could care less about Lumi now. I just have no connection to them and the 1,000 goodbyes over the past few weeks made the actual one have little to no emotional impact for me.

The plane stuff rocked. Much better dialogue too. Loved John and his remarks and his words about joining Santeen in the great beyond. Also loved how he went and got Marlena for help and how they are both starting to trust each other. Chloe is so annoying though and Nadia...wow :lol:

Now, on to Thursday, AWESOME!!

I loved this episode. Seeing Abe, Lexie, Stephanie, and Chelsea all together as word comes in little by little was great. Thank God Lexie didn't tell Abe about Bo. I swear I thought that was coming. I also liked how there was no contrived reason for Stephanie and Chelsea to be there. It was a natural reason, wanting to know about the flight coming in and being close and stopping by to find out. Good scenes.

The plane was awesome. Good direction and acting (except Nadia...man is she overacting and grating). The oxygen mask stuff was great. Kudos to Frank, Peter, and Kristian. Kristian broke my heart today with her reaction to Bo's news. Bo and Hope have such a connection and Peter and Kristian just looking at each other after he told her he was sick just hit me hard and that end with Shawn Sr begging Hope to let him go was too sad for words. Love Marlena being strong, all the passengers expressing their feelings, Kayla's revelation of her pregnancy, Steve helping John ("deadeye" and John being concerned with the expensive jet :lol:), and the growing closeness with Phloe. You can tell Nadia's drugs worked in this episode and in tomorrow's. Just look at everyone's eyes and reactions. They all kind of look tripped out :lol:.

I agree that this plane event has been perfectly paced. This type of event needs to be handled like it was and thank God for Ed and his team making this look great. That countdown clock added so much intensity and the amount of increase in the tension with every episode this week has been awesome.

I already watched tomorrow's and I don't want to spoil it but let me just say...while we have seen great episodes with emotional content and so on...tomorrow is quite possibly the most intense episode of Days I have ever witnessed in my over two decades of watching. This isn't just me with my usual pro-Days talk. The camera angles, close ups, realism, etc...wow. Definitely worthy of Emmy consideration, especially in directing. I know there is going to be some that mention the way everyone is sitting when you watch today's episode and then see tomorrow's but the difference is they are showing the inside of the plane from a different angle, which I thought was clever. It looked like a movie it was so well done. And the cliffhanger...my God!!

This is how to do a plane crash and this is how to do sweeps. Awesome!!

Archived