Appalling Music - Your Guilty Pleasure

Sylph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so we're back to appalling music. But not so much as cheesy appalling music but rather controversial appalling. I just found the uncensored Madonna American Life video.

Madonna- American Life (Uncensored Video)

• Members

I love a LOT of bad disco music (as opposed to good disco music like Donna Summer so there :P ). Also a BIG fan of Stock Aitken Waterman--the British producers who were everywhere in England in the late 80s--they did Kylie's first albums, Banarama, Sinitta, RIck Astley, Dead or Alive, Jason Donovan, Mel and Kim, etc... Brilliant, insanely catchy dance pop that's almost too simplistic. Love it.

I also admit to liking the very SAW like later British pop group Steps--from my year lived in Edmonton. Beyond cheesy (ABBA on speed) but I love them... A lot of cheesy danc emusic qualifies actually. Of course very little SAW was even released in N America (some Kylie, some Banarama, Rick astley...)

• Members

Steps was actually done by pete Waterman--the W in SAW so it's all connecte din British cheesy music.

Found a 5 part megamix of classic Stock Aitken Waterman videos/song sthat gives an idea how similar and cheesy ALl their stuff was--soo embarassed to love this stuff:

I can't figure out how to encode videos (can someone PM and explain?) so here's the links

Part 1

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Part 2

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Part 3

">

part 4

">

Part 5

">

Archived