ALL: When bad recasts happen to good characters!

• Members

I am in the minority but I also liked Krista Allen's take on Billie. To me she was a lot more her mother's daughter when Allen played the role. I also thought she was a more believable threat to Hope and Bo than Lisa Rinna and her overinflated lips ever were.

As far as another good recast, I loved Carmen Duncan as Iris Cory on AW. She wasn't Bev McKinsey but she was all sorts of fabulous.

Oh and I think Jess Walton takes the cake for being the greatest recast of a character when she stepped into and crushed Brenda Dickson's pumps as Jill.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The mention of Laurence Lau brings up 2 bad recasts

Jack Armstrong as Greg Nelson

Laurence Lau and Stephen Yates and Russell Todd as Jamie Frame on AW.Richard Bekins was far superior to them all.

Also

Richard VanVleet as Ed Bauer on GL

Camilla Scott as Melissa Anderson on DOOL Blandarama.

Shari Shattuck as Ashley on Y&R

Some bad recasts from the distant past

Pamela King as Lisa ATWT

Pheobe Dorin as Penny ATWT

Margie Impert as Rachel AW

Joanne Dorian as Viki OLTL

Louan Gideon as Liza SFT

Josh Taylor as Roman.Not only for the fact that he was so identified as Chris,but he also plays the role exactly as he did as Chris.There was/is no dynamic between Roman and Marlena.

• Members

RE: Josh Taylor - Let's be honest. He makes Drake Hogestyn look like Lane Davies.

RE: Laurence Lau (as NuSam) - IMO, Sam Rappaport was hardly essential to OLTL. When Kale Browne left (or was fired, or whatever), he could have taken the role w/ him. Still, I don't fault Lau personally for not clicking on that show. If TPTB had bothered to re-tailor the role to suit his strengths, he could've made an interesting addition to the show. But, oh well.

I remember Bekins from his brief stint on ATWT (as Neal Alcott's husband). Man, but was he good!

• Members

I did too. Partly because I really like Lau (have ever since I saw some of the classic Greg clips on AMC) and for whatever reason never cared for Kale (partly maybe cuz he was a "Friend of Jill's--though I loved the darker Kevin she had hired so..."). Personal preference though and they never did enough with the character when he was cast.

Archived