Mario Van Peebles joins 'AMC'...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brutally: Because they're not interesting.

Just like Claudia Reston or Paige or Spencer or that guy who won Soap Star last year and got killed off quick. They're not interesting, and at least one of them (TT) can't act at all.

They're taking up space that could be filled by better black actors. I have no intention of watching these two people out of pity when they bore me to death.

• Members

Well, well, well, isn't this an inetresting turn of events. I think I could like this. Mario Van Peebles is handsome, and I think he and Susan will have sparks. I think it's ridiculous to already say that he's just a bump in the rode to Jerica. The same thing was the plan for Vincent when he first got paired with Susan, him being shuffled to Dixie, her back to Jack...and their chemistry blew AMC away. That could very likely happen here. Interesting, might get me to watch a day or two.

Oh and Ssuan was nomiated in 2000. She wasn't playing opposite Walt that year. ;)

• Members

No she was not. This is the list of the years she was nominated according to her bio

Daytime Emmy Awards

Nominations: (1978, 1981-1993, 1995-1999, 2001-2002) Daytime Emmy: Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children

She and Walt weren't paired as lovers but they were together in the Bianca coming out storyline (2001-02)since she had thankfully dumped David by then. Susan did some great work during that Bianca storyline and should have won, IMO. She also should have been nominated in 2004 because she did some of her best work that year.

As for the new guy, well they may have a fling or maybe they won't (I have heard he is tied romantically to Angie Hubbard) but I wouldn't count out Jack just yet. ;)

• Members

Hey CatKey. Mario Will NOT Be Propping Ryan OR Greenlee ! Mario will be Involved with Erica and He is also Supposed to be Involved with Angie. It's Possible that Mario may be in A Triangle with Angie and Jesse. Jody

• Members

Hey Ryan Chandler. I Really Do Think that this will be A Long Term Vision. I think that Mario or rather Sam will end up Involved with Angie and Possibly be in A Triangle with Angie and Jesse. They Might even have Dre end up being Frankie's Son William. I don't know if that will Happen, but it Might. Jody

• Members

You know what they say: "Once you go black, bye-bye Jack."

Not sorry to hear Musser and Branson are leaving. Branson might be talented (unfortunately, since he was saddled with a terrible character, it was hard to tell), but Musser, IMO, needs to go back to the Soloflex ads that he came from.

Archived