Mario Van Peebles joins 'AMC'...

• Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

New Love

AMC has cast film actor and director Mario Van Peebles as Susan Lucci's (Erica) new love interest, Senatorial candidate Samuel Woods. He'll make his debut on January 29. Erica taps him to be a guest on NEW BEGINNINGS and, says a show rep, he "will soon become her worst nightmare that may turn into a romance."

Also, according to SOD Alec Musser is out (recurring but out) and Jeff Branson is gone at the end of his contract.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, but you know that he probably didn't come cheap. I'm wondering who else will get cut to pay this salary. I'm guessing probably Annie, Amanda, and possibly even Josh.

I will give TIIC credit for getting MVP to join the cast. I only hope that they write well for him and that he doesn't end up propping Ryan or Greenlee.

• Members

Part of the reason AMC is able to bring back people when they do is that they don't blow their budget the way GH does.

I'm glad they're starting to get rid of the "dead weight" (no offense to the people who like those characters). Jonathan IMO was never really needed. AMC has been trying to keep Levin on my giving her an anti-Lily to play, yet she's still gonna leave. Del was NEVER a fit into the canvas and just sucked...<_< (Even though Alec Musser is hot).

Now if only they can get rid of one more Lavery ::cough::cough::Ryan::cough::cough:: and some others, they'll be good to go.

Am I excited MVP is joining? Yes. But just like the others, if the writing sucks and there's no real long-term vision, it's going to flop.

Archived