Mario Van Peebles joins 'AMC'...

• Members

These casting choices are great not only for diversity, but we'll be seeing some new characters! The fact that Erica is getting a story on age-obsessed ABC is shocking to me! Who would've thought to give the biggest star in daytime a storyline?! Genius idea... *rolls eyes* I just hope it's a REAL story and she's not the B story to [!@#$%^&*] Zendull and Rylee.

I will say, I fill a bit strange with how much I'm anticipating watching AMC. I never thought that would happen again.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would consider that 'New Divorce' and Erica's talkshows to be a semi-major Erica storyline. I don't know why people are saying she doesn't get storylines anymore. Sure, she doesn't have those meaty storylines that put her in turmoil or danger like Greenlee/Zendall....but we see her as often as Tad/Krystal/Adam, and her relationship with Jack is just as featured and volatile as T/K/A.

Anyway - great stuff!

• Members

I do not consider the New Divorce thing a real story. It was horrible and filler. Last major Erica storyline really was the rape for me. Sicne then, shes mainly been supporting and not much focused on her. Even that storyline was about her daughters, btu she was lead and it was rooted in her history

• Members

ITA with you especially that last part and that's why I feel so strongly that this new story is about J/E in the long run and will serve to reunite them. :wub: We may not have liked the writing for them the last couple of years but it's pretty clear that they are the majority's choice and now even Susan Lucci is speaking out in support of Jerica :D and wants them reunited. I'm just glad it will be a story about grownups and not about the kids this time.

• Members

What are you talking about in regards to oltl, they have the vega family, layla and her boyfriend. An for the longest time evangeline was front and center. To me at least oltl and y&r are the only two shows making attempts to showcase people of color. Of course they can do more, but at least they are on.

• Members

Lol, I refuse to believe susan wants jerica after MVP, she did make that statement about jerica before MVP was even on amc's radar. Granted MVP may be short-term, but if he's not susan has her emmy nom on lock, and she hasn't been nominated since 2001(???). If she wants her character to go anywhere, she better get wise and promote MVP because MVP being amc is gonna help make her front burner again.

• Members

Interesting love interest for Erica and a casting coup. Glad that Jeff Branson(Jonathan) is out. I've never really liked Jonathan. I bet Alec Musser(Del) will stay, since he's recurring. I think it's a shame that AMC never gave him much of a storyline. Alec is a better actor than some actors on daytime, AMC just hasn't given him the chance.

I hope the new love interest for Erica isn't a bad sign for Walt Willey(Jack). AMC should MOST definitely keep Jack. Bring back Tara or Brooke for Jack. I also hope the rumblings of Sydney Penny(Julia) being out are untrue. I hope that Leven Rambin(Lily & Ava) and Melissa Claire Egan(Annie), along with Bob Hiltermann(Walter), Billy Miller(Richie) & Amanda Baker(Babe) also get the axe.

Archived