ATWT: TV Guide Canada Suds Report

• Members

Bob has a heart attack!

Veteran alert: the classy Don Hastings finally gets a storyline when Dr. Bob has a stroke and falls into a coma for most of it. Figures – one step forward, a street block backwards. In casting, Jeffrey Carlson (ex-Zarf/Zoe, AMC) doppelganger Billy Magnussen is the new Casey, debuting on Jan. 29. Does this mean the soap will ask back the darling Alexandra Chando (ex-Maddie)?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how the vets are finally getting storylines about them. First Bob, and Barbara gets one in the new year. Lets just hope it stays about them, and doesn't center around the lives of their children. Sure, Bob's children, and Barbara's children deserve part of the respective storylines, but the story needs to center around who it's about: the vets.

And as for Casey's return, I don't see the need. However, he is a Hughes, so whatever.

• Members

The way I see it, this story never would have happened without Chris returning. Naturally he'll spend weeks avoiding his part in Bob's stroke, with Emily's assistance. What can his relatives do besides hold an inactive vigil for Bob? At least Barbara will be an active participant of her story. We shall see.

Archived