GH: Vet Actress bumped to Recurring

• Members

STANDING OVATION!!!!

I had the opportunity to interview Jackie last Fall, and I have met Jackie a few times at FCW in LA - and I have to say she is one of the most gracious and classiest ladies I have ever met. She is a true daytime legend and truly a gem to her craft.

Jen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, i do, however the simple truth is this - no matter how stupid it is - they are NOT going to write for her. at least not a storyline. for the past how many years she has only been there for holidays and partys and events. thats IT. i like JZ and Bobbie a lot, but i just dont feel shes a huge loss to GH - they lost all that history when they reduced her to a S&C pimp. thing is soaps have a smaller budgett and are losing money and need to cut costs. if JZ isnt gonna be used anytime in the next bit of time why would they keep her on contract? it is a waste of money. from a buisnes standpoint, i see why they did it. and im suprsied it took this long.

thats is true that TB chose to be on recurring, but still, it just shows that recurring can be done right. Doug & Julie in days are recurring, and really, thats where they belong, IMHO. but i know im gonna get a lot of [!@#$%^&*] for posting that. and i dont care. i love them also, but why should they be on contract?

at this point soaps have to cut the people thye dont plan to use in order to save costs. and yes i do agree that they could just write a storyline for her - hell i could think of about 10 right now - but they dont want to.

now im not gonna deny this - i love carly, lulu, liz, jason, maxie, etc.. and newbies like spinelli, logan and kate. but that doesnt mena i only wanna see them. i wold actually love to see bobbie, monica, and noah in a fron burner hospital storyline with robin and patrick in supporting roles. so no im not just a new young fan who only likes the mob and the teens. just to throw that out there.

• Members

Honestly, I dont see why people are so shocked. Im surprised they didnt do this earlier. They arent using her in any capacity, so we keep her on contract? Nothing is going to change, except the check she recieves. If they arent going to use her, they arent going to use ehr, as we have seen over the recent years. This is a business and they cut corners where they see fit.

• Members

2 down 2 to go. First Stuart Damon now Jackie all thats left is Leslie Charleson and John Ingle. Leslie may have signed a new contract, but I predict she will bumped in the new year. They probably wanted to make sure that Monica would be around for Emilys funeral, after Leslie then its John Ingle. The only Vets that I believe are safe are Tony Geary and Jane Elliot.

• Members

Okay...WHAT THE HELL?!

Its not suprising but really INSULTING. I am so sick of all the freakin' vet mistreatment this year. I mean she'll be gone soon I am sure.

I am so damn sick of GH doing this. They treat their vets like CRAP. Not to mention ABC Daytime, and NBC, and at times CBS!

On GH Alan died this year after SD's firing, Rachel Ames was fired too, Constance Towers has vanished, and barely any other vets except our precious Steve Burton are in a story! GH IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE ANYMORE. The Quartermaines are dying by the sweeps month, the Cassadines have all died except crazy Nikolas and Alexis and Sam(ugh) and the little ones, and it seems like the only strong alive family are the Lansings/Corinthos!

Bobbie will probably die soon, like every other vet(not to mention characters in general on the show the past several years).

I bet Guza, JFP, and Frons all thought "Oh we can finally cut her contract to give us more money so we can show more Carly or get more newbies on this show!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and to get more men to chase Lulu around!!!!!!!"

Or if Bobbie doesn't die and ends up getting cut(which I am SURE its coming), she will probably just fade into the background, but death is most likely. Because Guza and Frons have no idea how to give a vet a non-death exit. I mean all that happens on GH is DEATH. I know it was *once* focused on a hospital so logically people will die or have to go to the hospital, but seriously thats all that happens on GH exit-wise.

I don't get it anymore. Over on AMC, Julia Barr was never given a proper exit and vanished at a funeral. And Erica has barely had a GOOD story anymore, and neither have the other fans. Instead it is Greenlee 24/7.

On OLTL Asa was found dead but Phil Carey didn't get proper scenes either. Only recently have the vets recieved stories, for awhile Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, and all the other vets barely did anything at all. At first it looked like they were going to get something, then it never happened.

Then on Days, the vets were backburned for way over half a year, barely doing anything. They would appear, read some letters, then dissappear again. And before that they weren't on at all. It turned into the Sami show, and she was doing everything, and falling in love with her rapist, while the teens were trafficing women.

In three years, I wonder if any vets besides the mob ones will even be on GH anymore. Its become pathetic, because a few are cut every year. The once great soap, the one that had the fantastic Luke and Laura and so many potential characters, has become one of the most pitiful soaps.

• Members

Jackie's Bobbie should have the role Sonya' Epiphany is playing. She is the head nurse. I would love to see her mixing in with the Scrubs and other new doctors. Her words of wisdom would actually mean something to viewers because we know her history, we know how she gained the wisdom in her life.

Epiphany is a complete stranger, and sorry to say it, but Sonya is not a great actress. She appears to just fulfill a stereotype of the "Diva" African-American character, no motivations, no back story, or meaningul relationships to the canvas, all of which Bobbie has because of Jackie's 30 year commitment to the show.

Poor Jackie, she looses her marriage and her job in one year. ABC, you dropped the ball again.

• Members

From a business standpoint, I can see where...

Oh, to hell with that!

BRIAN FRONS AND JILL FARREN PHELPS CAN KISS MY FAT ASS!

It makes no sense that BF and JFP are literally destroying that show form the inside out with these decisions. And, what does Frons have?! Pictures of the head of Disney having sex with a goat, chimp, mongoose and a warthog?

This makes no sense. Jackie is a splendid actress, and to be treated this way is just horrible.

What fans of GH may need to do, to show that they are serious, is to stop watching during sweeps months. I know that it may kill soaps altogether, but how else can you get your point across that what these two are doing is destroying GH?

Not to mention the fact that JFP runs off every vet and every great actress on the show by treating them like garbage, and being allowed to.

It just makes my ass itch. :angry:

Archived