AMC: Monday

• Members

Im convinced that the writers have NO idea what tehy are doing with the show. It seems as if they are just coasting along, writing as they go along, with no clear plan or direction. The storylines just drag with little to no development and if you watch closely, nothing ever really happens. The dialogue is repeated on a daily basis and so many characters are just plain wasted.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Janet had me laughing hysterically with her "J Name"/"C Name" thing. And YOWZA did Amanda look HOT today or what??? Chrishell was stunning.

Someone mentioned that Opal and Ruth had no lines...but that's false. Ruth didn't - but Opal had plenty to say today! First, she mentioned Palmer and Petey - and explained they were celebrating the holiday together. She then talked to Jack for quite awhile about Erica and Greenlee. Did you all miss these scenes or what?

It was so nice to see Myrtle. She is such a bright light, and I love how Alicia and Susan act around her.

Greenlee's comment about bringing down the basket like when Spike was rescued did come from left field - that was stupid in fact. Actually them falling into this random bomb shelter that sometimes has no exit and sometimes has this huge opening that can easily be crawled out of with enough stacked boxes is pretty stupid. Watching Richie play in the leaves with the gold sun in the background is my highlight though.

Speaking of - why hasn't Babe or Annie called Richie yet to see where he is? If he was even 30 min. late to Thanksgiving dinner, after begging me to come with him, I'd be calling his ass to see where he is. Babe - get a clue!

The show is a mess, but at least it's finally been entertaining a la McT's version. We need new writers though, plain and simple. AMC needs a balanced heart.

• Members

I'm not really into Tad/Julia either but ITA with you about Jerica and I don't feel the Julia thing is going to work at all and for many reasons. J/E are destined for one another and I know there will be a separation for a while, but like you, I believe they will reunite as they always do. :wub: Even Susan Lucci wants it that way. :D

We also need a new EP. This trio (Carruthers, Esensten and Brown) were the 3 that were in charge of Port Charles and they were the final nail in the coffin for that show. Does Brian Frons ever research the histories of these losers he hires? :angry:

• Members

I wonder what the ABC connection is--has a show ever been used twice in one week (3 in 2 weeks now) before, both times with a credit title while playing?

I agree there's NO longterm story plan that we can see--it feels even more like its floundering than last year at this time when some suggested McTavish was even MIA and NOTHING happened. An example is this whole stupid, no one cares Dre story... If they're going to go with the story shouldn't we at least be getting to know the character? 8 or 9 episodes in 2 months is the opposite of shoving a newbie down our faces--I bet many viewers don't even know who he is when he's in the credits

Archived