Tell us YOUR FAVORITE SHOW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days - when Vivian buried Carly alive - I was an occasional viewer up to that point, then I was hooked. Now I am unhooked, but thats for a different thread...

B&B - When Stephanie & Eric lost Forrester Creations to Brooke because they cheated her out of the royalties from Belief.

• Members

The moment I got hooked on soaps was in the late 70s and it was on GL when Roger was chasing Rita through that Hall of Mirrors with that Donna Summer and Barbara Striesand duet playing in the background, now that was enthralling, entertaining, and not to mention creepy. I was hooked from that moment on.

• Members

These two soaps aren't my favorites anymore. But when I was a teenager, I watched both faithfully.

AMC -- Memorable moment: Jessie Hubbard not long after he arrived in Pine Valley, in his uncle's place, playing reggae music really loud, getting on his uncle's nerves and acting like an obnoxious teenager. I had never seen anyone like him on a soap opera before. He was the first character that I could as an African American teenager relate to. He was a pain to his family and to the people around him and I loved him for that because he wasn't perfect.

GH -- Memorable moment: Luke and Laura's dance in the department store. Complete fantasy and romantic. I was hooked for many years after that.

• Members

Damn, all of you have such cool "getting hooked" stories. I wish I could say...I don't know...I got hooked on AMC in 1975 when I saw Mary Kennicott get murdered by robbers while young Tad watched...or...I got hooked on ATWT when Elizabeth fell up the stairs and ruptured her spleen. The truth isn't nearly as fun...

In 2001, I was 11 and it was summer, so I was bored, flipping through channels. Came across this "story" where a teenaged kid was arguing with this man about the kid's mother in a high school hallway. Turned out it was AMC, and the kid was JR (Jesse McCartney), the man was David Hayward, and the mother was Dixie. Also in that episode, I seem to recall something about Greenlee accidentally spraying Leo in the eyes with Enchantment perfume at the mall. Anyways, the storyline that truly got me hooked was Leo and Laura together as a couple, because Brooke paid Leo to keep Laura "happy" while her heart failed. And then there was Ryan and Gillian, with Gillian being murdered and going to heaven. And Anna's twin sister Alex was still in town with Dimitri (Anthony Addabo) too. Not too long ago, I went back into some transcript archives and found out that my first episode of the show was June 7, 2001. It's still hard to believe that the show had been on for 31 years before I started watching.

As far as the CBS soaps? Been with me since day one. Early Y&R stuff I remember...anything with Victor and Jack in the early 90s, and anything with Kay, Jill, and Nina, too. My earliest memory of life goes back to 1992, so anything around that time is pretty much fair game. I remember when Patricia Bruder left ATWT in 1995, and I remember Lily/Holden/Damian, but only vaguely. I remember the hoopla when Reva returned to GL in 1995, too. B&B was the ish around that time, so I have fond memories of watching with older family members...I *loved* Brooke vs. Stephanie, and the friendship between Darla and Sally.

Oh, and this is how I "revisited" the CBS soaps once I got old enough to actually understand and willingly watch. I was hooked on GL in early 2003 when Reva had the talk show and the stalker. I got back into ATWT in 2004ish, when the Rick Decker stuff was just finishing up. I've bounced in and out of B&B like a rubber ball over the years lol, so I can't really pinpoint a certain time I started watching it.

As far other soaps, I first watched OLTL regularly in 2003-2004, but I lost interest not long after. I tried GH for the first time in 2002, and I'll never forget the episode because it was when Tamara Braun's Carly was revealed to be alive after faking her death. DAYS, I watched a little bit when Lisa Rinna returned in 2002, but didn't watch regularly until Christmas 2003. I absolutely loved Sami and Lucas, and still do, when they're worth it. Never watched PSNS regularly in the traditional sense...it was always on when I got home from school, and if GH and GL weren't doing anything for me, I'd tune into PSNS, which was always good for a laugh.

Hell, I guess I could even go a little further and say that my first "Dark Shadows" episodes were reruns on Sci-Fi in 2002, from riiiiiight before the beginning of the 1795 storyline (episodes from 1967).

• Members

Well, if it makes you feel better, I have a totally worse one. I may have gotten hooked as a wee kidlet by the awesome L&L2, but due to school and such I stopped watching after a while. I got re-hooked, more permanently this time, in 2003 by Emily getting cancer and falling in love with Nikolas. Yes, really. It brought us NL, one of the worst actresses on the canvas, as a leading actress, and absolutely destroyed irrevocably the character of Zander, who had a lot of potential. But somehow that sucky story made my thirteen-year-old heart go pittypat.

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty embarassed, compared to all of you who were captured by supercouples and characters being posessed by the devil or thrown down a well.

• Members

OLTL, first time I saw it I think was either Dr Ivan Kipling being eaten by alligators in swamps (and I think he had a bionic hand) or it was this month long costume party Asa threw and Olympia showed up (but at the time I didn't know who she was just this mystery person)

AMC, I think it had to be Palmer had amnesia and Daisy was forced to pretend she was still married to him.

GH it was Heather Webber blackmailing her shrink

Archived