College Football

Roman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank You!

This is the reason why I stopped watching CF, because of this garbage. It still comes down to the OPINION of who is ranking these teams in the BCS. And ISA. WV has almost lost some of those games, but are one spot ahead of Missouri.

If the BCS can screw them out of it, they will.

• Members

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Virginia, then I realized you were actually speaking of West Virginia.

The pollsters are going to try to make a case for Oklahoma, and since Kansas and Mizzou play each other this weekend, one of them is going to drop. And West Virginia is their golden boy of the moment.

The BCS matchups all come down to one thing: Ticket sales. Bottom line. If the team doesn't have a huge fan base willing to travel to watch them play, the pollsters will find a way to screw them. I've seen it happen so many times that it's not funny and I have plenty of evidence to back up that statement, the most blatant one being Nebraska playing in the title game against Miami (FL), despite losing at a key time and not even qualifying to play in the Big XII championship game. The polls didn't send them packing, they dropped them from 2 to 3 and only fractions separated Nebraska from Colorado in the BCS poll. The team that got screwed? Colorado, the conference champion. Why? Nebraska has a huge fanbase, Colorado does not.

• Administrator

I hate the BCS too. I wish there was some sort of playoff like maybe the top 8 teams. They can still keep the major bowl games as the playoff games.

Rose Bowl winner vs Fiesta Bowl winner

Sugar Bowl winner vs Orange Bowl winner

Then whoever wins, goes to the National Championship game.

Archived