The 100 Most Memorable Moments in Soap History

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The list lacks some DAYS moments, but overall it's good.

I can't help with the first two, but here's some that I know of. Hope it helps.

61. Hank Elliot was ATWT's first gay character in 1987. I think he worked as a designer for Barbara.

67. Margo disconnects Casey's life support (he asked her to).

75 Not totally sure about this, but I think it's the story where Carla Grey, a black woman went around Llanview posing as a white person or an italian to be exact. It was considered groundbreaking for it's time in the late 60s.

• Members

Jack, number 43, the KILLER forehead. I think I know most of it, I do know the KILLER part though/ David Kimble had done a lot of crimes in Genoa City. He made a plastic surgeon do plastic surgery on him so he could get a new face. However, the plastic surgeon wrote KILLER on his forehead.

• Members

No list is complete without GL, circa 1981 (or so) when Bea stopped Nola and Kelly from running off to elope by telling him she was not pregnant with his baby. That was, hands down, the most jaw-dropping moment...so much so, the fans voted it one of their favorites for whatever anniversary that was. (I think it was '87, for the 50th)

I don't even see the reveal that Phillip was adopted from GL either. Or Roger Thorpe's first death in 1980.

Yet, Nuke's kiss is in the top 25. :huh:

• Members

The list is pretty good.

Kudos for remembering Jack learns that he is Billy Johnson. That definitely belongs there. It was one of the biggest moments in DAYS history.

I agree about needing some stuff with Rachel/Steve/Alice on AW. I'm not sure whether the best stuff happened with Victoria Wyndham in the role or Robin Strasser. I'm sure there were some great scenes with both of them. But people forget that RS originated the role and made it into a pretty big one. When Strasser left they let Rachel go with her, thinking it wasn't wise to attempt a recast. In the end they realized that the part was so popular that they brought Strasser back for 6 months while they searched for a new Rachel.

I think Jack killing Harper should have made the list. And had Abby learned about the rape of Kayla that probably would have made the list. Somehow I doubt that Stephanie learning about it will be terribly impressive.

I don't understand why the Garden of Eden is on there. I didn't even hate it as much as some other people did, but it's hardly a top 100 moment. Ditto for the Elvis wedding.

Also missing is Sonny leaving Brenda standing in the rain at their non-wedding, Lucky learning about the rape, Lilly's death (clink-boom), Lois popping out of the cake at Katherine's bithday party and Kevin turning out to be Lucy's stalker.

I'm not sure what was so great about Eden's rape...the perpetrator turned out to be her gynocologist. More then a few women found that to be unsettling.

Steve

Archived