The 100 Most Memorable Moments in Soap History

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why Eden's rape made the cut, but Sunny Adamson's rape (on SEARCH FOR TOMORROW) didn't. And speaking of SEARCH, where is the Henderson flood on the list? Or Travis and Liza's trip to Hong Kong? Or even Jennifer Pace shooting Eunice dead, or Vargas kidnapping Jo?

• Members

There are a lot of things that deserved to be on there but just aren't, IMO in favor of more and more GH things. AMC's tornado very much deserves to be up there somewhere. I also believe Jack and Erica's wedding should have made the list somewhere.

IMO, the biggest AMC moment that they managed to leave off the list would have to be when Tom confronted Erica about her birth control use in November 1979. That scene lives on in the memory of anybody who's gotten the chance to see it.

• Members

This list was made by people suggesting any and every scene they wanted. If someone thought Jeremy Hunter dying as a statue was memorable on LOVING, they could have nominated that. After that was done, the site compiled the list using whatever method they used. I emailed in a few suggestions (Heather Webber) and am pleased it was chosen.

I sent in a couple of Palmer scenes from AMC but they didn't make the cut.

• Members

Clink-Boom is there, at No. 58.

http://soaphunks.net/moments.php?rank=058

As brilliant as the BJ's death story was, three moments on the list is a bit much, especially given there's no Doug Cummings/"Someone To Watch Over Me" reveal from ATWT (that's a nearly unforgivable omission.) Also, I'm surprised they couldn't find a clip of Nola/Quint in the hot air balloon.

• Members

Clink-Boom is there, at No. 58.

http://soaphunks.net/moments.php?rank=058

As brilliant as the BJ's death story was, three moments on the list is a bit much, especially given there's no Doug Cummings/"Someone To Watch Over Me" reveal from ATWT (that's a nearly unforgivable omission.) Also, I'm surprised they couldn't find a clip of Nola/Quint in the hot air balloon.

Palmer and the Dobermans! C'mon, that was a huge, iconic moment!

• Members

EE- Ethels death, the aftereffect for Dot., Dot being accidentaly high on drugs.

Emmerdale- Steph drugging her elderly father Alan, and Pushing Shelly down the stairs.

Coronation Street- Alma dying from Leukemia after a cancermistake

Only english soaps, but that i will include to the list..........!

• Members

I'm just shocked that I know and recognize just about every one of these 100 moments. And I have seen most of them, or at least stills in SOD/SOW or youtube archives.

I obviously am invested WAY too much in the soap world :-)

Archived