BREAKING: Blackwell Leaves SOAPnet!

• Members

I agree, slowly but surely Frons will shuffle the soaps off and cheap reality programs on, just like AMC Zendall Fan pointed out about VH1 and MTV. And just like those two networks SOAPNet will crumble.

I also don't see DAYS getting picked up again once its first SOAPNet contract expires. It's been moved into a terrible timeslot and Y&R has taken over it's prime one. Additionally, Frons has spoken of doing a Y&R SOAPNet spinoff.

UGH! C'mon Disney, Fire Frons!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jeff Zucker is a better example of someone who does an abysmal job, but continues to be promoted. He's now the President & CEO of NBC Universal.

I really thought Frons would be shown the door this year or next, but now it is more than evident that Disney has an agenda with their daytime lineup. I may be a Debbi Downer, but I have reason to be. Look at the way Ryan's Hope, Santa Barbara, Loving and Another World were treated. All were relatively good shows, but the network executives were indifferent to them. I really feel AMC will became a half hour show again, and OLTL may soon follow.

All hail King Frons! :rolleyes:

Archived