AMC: Someone is returning

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why anyone in their right mind would knowingly and willingly return to AMC, is beyond me. That's like knowing the Titanic is going to sink, but still boarding anyway. Returns are pointless, IMO. Whoever this, will come back, people will "oooo and awww" for a week or so, then B&E will sh*t all over them just like they do every other character, and we'll be right back where we started. It's a cycle. And no one or ten returns is going to break it.

That said, I'm sure it's just Eden or something. I doubt it's Cady. I pray to every God I can think of that it's not Vincent, and I don't think it is. And I doubt it's Julia Barr either. She seemed more then pissed at the way she was treated, there's no sign she'd be treated any differently this time either.

• Members

Okay, after checking out many of the responses to this post I started doing some thinking while I was in the shower last night and after my girls were in bed. If you read what the original writer of this "spoiler" wrote it gives some clues as to whom all of it might be.

Now, we do not know who is the returning fan fave. I have heard from various people and read at places online that TPTB @AMC may just be eating crow in order to get this person back and has made them an offer they just cannot refuse. ABC and Eden Riegel parted on good terms and with the deal Riegel wanted to the best of my knowledge, so why would ABC eat crow to get her back??? Alexa left on her own free will to explore other opportunities on the West Coast. The dust is still settling from her departure, so I doubt it would be here but then again I could be wrong. If TPTB are going to have to eat crow to get this person back, it makes me think that one of the fan faves they are wanting to return are going to be one of following people who were treated unfairly and fired by ABC and AMC:

Julia Barr, Cady McClain, Vincent Irizarry, Terri Ivens, Connie Fletcher. All were dismissed after they had given so much to the show with horrilbe writing . I've heard Cady is VERY disappointed in the return of Rosanna and the storyline they've written for her over at ATWT. Something tells me that we may soon be seeing the end of Vincent's character on Y&R and Julia well she has not done much since leaving the show in December. Connie Fletcher has gotten married, but she has not really done much of anything since leaving AMC. Ivens has been back from time to time and though I would like to see her back, I think that she is enjoying life on the West Coast.

However, I feel that the only ones that would probably would have ABC "eating crow" to get to come back would be Julia, Cady, and Vincent definitely. They might eat crow to get Terri Ivens back, and even though she is a GREAT actress I do not think she is as heavy of a hitter as the other three. The only other person I could see them eating crow to get to come back would be.....

Rebecca Budig coming back in the role of Greenlee. Yes, she has done a few projects since leaving the show but most of the pilots she has co-starred in have been shelved before making it to the air. Budig's return as Greenlee would certainly signal the final nail in the coffin for Sabine Singh. I've tried to be open minded on Singh's performance as Greens, but I am sorry I just cannot stand her in this role. She attempts to bring out Greenlee's "bitchy" side but overacts when she does it. She seems to be one sided to me. Greenlee is such a pivotal character that Budig should play the role. If they are insistent on a recast, then the only recast I feel that could do the role of Greenlee justice is former Days of Our Lives star, Arianne Zuker who played bad girl Nicole.

As for the major leading lady leaving the show. The originator said that if this person did depart it would throw ABC into a tailspin and a tizzy and that the show would need to wait 6 months to recast this "vixen"

The only 2 characters at this point that I would consider MAJOR leading ladies, vixens and whose departures would literally throw ABC into a tailspin would be: Susan Lucci and Alicia Minshew. Yes you could say that Bobbie Eakes, Krystal came on as a vixen and why Eakes is a veteran of daytime, I feel that her departure would be HUGE but not HUGE enough to send ABC scrambling. So it has to be either Lucci or Minshew who is contemplating the leave.

To be perfectly honest, I would not blame either one of them. I hate how the show has made Erica Kane a supporting character. Erica IS All My Children and Lucci should be the main lead actress on this show, not in a supporting role...that is a slap in the face to Ms. Lucci if you ask me. They have not really written anything much for Erica over the last few months, other than the Jerica divorce, etc. Now that Lucci's daughter Liza Huber, has made the transtion with Passions to Direct TV and the fact that Lucci's grandson will be turning one year old on her birthday in December, could Susan and her hubby be contemplating a move to the West Coast to be closer to their daughter, son in law and grandson and to explore opportunities out there???

As for Minshew, I do believe she has what it takes to succeed out of daytime. Their have been many performers who we have considered "lifers" on various shows, and alot of them have found success outside of daytime. Alicia is a hot commodity and she needs to strike while the iron is hot. Her boyfriend is a restraunteur or bar owner and I am sure he could find just as much success out on the West Coast, as he has found in the Big Apple.

Again these are just my thoughts and I could be totally offbase here.

• Members

I think you made some very good points about why it is likely to be Julia, Cady, or Vincent. Frankly, though, I think Julia Baarr is the least likely. She's an incredibly talented actress, and I'd love to have her back on the screen, but I don't think there's much need for her right now. Especially since Jamie left the show, I really doubt that they would use her. I definitely think that the have a lot more story with Vincent Irizarry or Cady McClain.

However, I think it's worth mentioning that they'd have to offer a pretty incredible deal to Eden as well, because in the last interview I read she really seemed to not want to leave LA.

I agree with you that Alicia Minshew and Susan Lucci are the only ones capable of striking that much fear into the hearts of the showrunners. I mean, if either of them left, I can't see the show lasting more than a couple of years. But I'm really, really hoping that they're exagerrating, which would make Bobbie Eakes a definite possibility. I mean, if she gave them short notice, it would leave quite a hole in the show to lose her right now (though I wouldn't mind all that much).

I really can't see Susan Lucci leaving. I doubt she's thrilled at having been supporting this year, but I've always had the feeling that she loves AMC and wouldn't leave it. And besides, the bit about some thinking they should recast makes me think it can't be Erica. I mean, everyone would hate a Kendall recast, but I could see it happening. No matter how stupid TIIC may be, there is no way that ANYONE would think they could get away with recasting Erica Kane.

• Members

I don't think that Erica or Kendall are leaving. I think they are going to rid of a character that is not so much important anymore, so I hope it is Amanda. As for the man, come on, Del is an obvious choice. He is soooooooooooooooo not needed on the show right now. Dixie is out, Di is out, let's have Del out too :D

I sooooo hope that Dixie is coming back. I would so love that. I would love to have Bianca back, but if she returns alone, she is not needed that much, but if they bring Maggie with her, I would be thrilled ;)

P.S. Maybe they are bringing Sydney back :lol: Kidding...

• Members

Don't believe any word from Raven either and that is all I shall say :)

Anyway, I do think it's very possible Alicia might walk away from AMC but right now, I'm not worried about it . Alicia herself said s, in an SOW interview, she needed to see where she was when her contract was up.

• Members

Addicted you are correct, right now the show revolves around Alicia's Kendall. Minshew is on daily and works like a dog at what she does. I know she loves her job, but let's face it their comes a time when you have been doing something for so long and working your butt off at that job that you start to become burned out and not truly enjoying it anymore. You show up and just go through the motions and do what is expected of you, yet you keep your eyes and ears open for other opportunities that might come your way.

Alicia is young, she is talented, she's beautiful and I could definitely see her in primetime...maybe not film, but definitely prime time. I am also sure the thought of settling down and starting a family has crossed her mind, and working in primetime would allow her the availability to do other things. Let's not forget how Eden Riegel stated in interviews how burned out she was becoming from working such emotional and heavy stories and being front and center for all those year.

I could see Alicia leaving to explore other opportunities

• Members

AMC would DEFINATELY be eating crow to get her back- even more than Cady or Vincent. And they already brought Cady back, expected ratings boosts, and didn't get them (yes, we know it was due to the whole way the show was written, produced, etc, but do the suits)?

IF BE is the Vixen leaving... and that's a possibility since her contract is due to expire soon... then they might wnat to bring Brooke back to reunite Brooke and Adam. Heck, I might just watch again (at least their scenes).

They might have finally realized they need to reestablish their multi generational families... to make the soap work. Families of all siblings (especially relatively new ones) do not work... you need the interaction of all the generations. If that's the case, they could be trying to rebuild one side with Adam and Brooke...

• Members

Well now that we know that the person returning is Janet, which actress is leaving? It was mentioned that this return wold be the final nail in someone's coffin. I wonder if Janet "accidentally" kills someone. Mandy? I hope not! Greenlee? I hope so! LOL Annie? Babe? Don't really care one way or the other. Ava? Please, please, please let it be her if my speculations turn out to be true.

• Members

It CAN'T be Susan Lucci leaving because they wouldn't DARE recast Erica Kane. :rolleyes: Unfortunately sounds to me like Alicia or Melissa Claire. :( I can't imagine them wanting RB back... SS is doing a wonderful job and her chemistry with Aiden is hot. I think Brooke might be the ticket, but I'm not sure what for... <_<

Archived