Y&R: Out of The Ashes (Clear Springs/Genoa City)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Friday start of this saw a ratings decrease btw, lol. With all that promo! Hopefully next week tanks, but I'm calling this a HUGE success. Critics, fans and the Emmy panel will eat this up. Look at this years Emmys.

I still can't believe how boring this has been. NOBODY died?! All she's done all year is kill people off or almost kill them. In every episode they have a vapid conversation and are rescued. Y&R wasted all of their money on this [!@#$%^&*] and it doesn't even look good!

• Members

It might be a bit sadistic but when Eyall Podell was screaming about his dumb leg I laughed and laughed. I hate Adrian so much because he's so damn boring and smarmy. I just wish that re bar had pierced his brain.

And also, Victoria getting hit with a rock the size of a paper weight was hilarious.

Y&R has become a farce. I hope LML gets thrown under the bus after the Nielsen survey comes in.

• Members

I guess I will be the positive one because it seems everyone else hated. I have been a viewer off and on for 25 years and there have always been things I love about this show and times when I need a break. As for this storyline I actually have liked it. This is the first time in a long time that I have not FF threw a complete showed. I have enjoyed everyone involved. I cryed at some moments and laughed at some moments because they are stupid. I dont know enjoyed it for the first time in a very long time.

• Members

I didn't even put any muscle into turning on my DVR to catch today's show...hell, reading your hilarious posts are good enough for me....

Yesterday, I wanted to ram my foot up Amber's mouth...her annoying chatter was beyond pathetic; too bad she or David Purina Chow couldn't have gotten lost and never found in the debris.

• Members

First off, I NEVER form my opions based off of other people's opinions. I have no problem being in the minority, and thinking for myself. The majority could go praising this story today and it would still be crap in my eyes. I have tried to watch the show but cant stand to sit through it bc its so boring. I think the show is a complete mess and the worst soap on daytime right now. I was loving it last year but then LML got complete control and turned me off.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to say this:

Adrienne Frantz is NOT a bad actress! In fact, she has given some stellar perfomances while on B&B. The thing is that Amber is a character that, if not well written, can turn into a horrible mess and that's what has happened to Amber during Y&R. Every bit is LML's fault and all those who write so terribly for her (as well as the rest of the characters).

• Members

You're totally right. When Adrienne Frantz was on B&B she was really quite lovely a lot of the time. Amber had spunk and drive and was tough...but it all made sense and a lot of people rooted for her. I mean she won an Emmy...she isn't a bad actress. What she is however is an actress who relies on the writing probably too much than she should. With LML's horrid writing Amber has been transformed. On B&B Amber wasn't such a stupid victim...Daffy? Yes. Stupid? No. And Amber was a fighter and was pretty alright. She wasn't my favorite character, but she wasn't irritating and she made sense. At times she was fun.

But really, look what LML has done to ALL the characters. She basically took the whole cast to the firing squad because ALL of the characters have been assassinated. If people who are utterly, fabulously talented like Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas Scott, Jess Walton, Michelle Stafford, Jeanne Cooper, Christian Le Blanc and Peter Bergman are being dragged into the depths of acting hell how on earth can someone like Adrienne Frantz have a shot?!

Archived