Y&R: Out of The Ashes (Clear Springs/Genoa City)

• Members

Nope. No death. And no spanking for Noah. He's more self-centered than ever.

Victoria is still unconscious from coming in contact with that moldy scone. Still disappointed no venemous snakes were let loose in the collapse. Or even non-venemous snakes; just something to bite Nikki on the ass and hear her go AAAAAH!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the record I thought the idea of Victoria getting rescued last and living through an explosion only to be knocked unconscious by a falling rock was a good idea. Our heads are very fragile if injured and people have died from lesser impacts and smaller objects hitting them and fate is cruel.

Also, Why must someone die during a disaster....what I look for in a story is long term consequences and character growth when a major event happens (which I admit they haven't been characterizing very well right now). It didn't happen with Carmen, Druscilla, or Ji Min dying so why would another death have been more dramatic?

My biggest problem with last week was how out cold Jack was only to be seen next in the hospital putting his watch on and talking like he was perfectly fine - even though Victor said the explosion had thrown him close to the entrance and he had been passed out before that. Then again, in disasters sometimes the person who seems the post injured is the first to be released. It may have been intentional to show Victoria and Jack's conditions as opposites, being the last rescued.

I think instead of the rock - even though it wasn't that big of a deal to me - they should have had Victoria collapse from head trauma that wasn't made obvious after it seemed she was fine. When she told Adrian she was closing her eyes cuz she was sleepy I thought that was foreshadowing

• Members

Well, at least the fires in California will have one positive effect - mass preemption of Y&R this past week. I seriously can't wait to see how low this show's ratings will be next week, I'll love to be a fly on LML's wall when she looks at them. Yes it wills till be the #1 soap, but the preemptions will have killed any chance of the show getting a significant boost for this clusterfuck of a storyline.

I feel so bad for hating Jack F. Smith in his last year on the show. Even his horrible messes look like Oscar worthy material compared to what we're getting now.

Steven Kent of Sony, Barbara Bloom of CBS, and William J. Bell JR of the Bell Dramatic Serial Company should all be publicly executed for what they've turned this poor show into and giving Latham so much power.

• Members

Do you really think that is going to do anything? :rolleyes: Y&R has been in the number one spot for nearly TWENTY YEARS, and daytime is dying. The focus would be better spent on shows like DOOL, ATWT, GL & AMC. Don't people want to "save" those shows? :rolleyes: It is like Another World all over again.

• Members

Ugh...This crap is getting broing and its has only been 1 week.

LML is offically the dumbest writier in Daytime History! Waaste of my time, waste of money, waste of space.

The only good thing coming out from this is that Victoria is in a coma.

• Members

Glad Victoria wakes up...

Overall though I don't think this event/stunt was well executed.

However I doubt the ratings will "tank". One bad week doesn't equal fire and brimstone.

Hopefully next week makes up for this farce of an event. Not once was I on the edge of my seat or even worrying about who will live or w/e. It was just plain boring. More like "wait until the next person is rescued" type of thing.

The problem is that Y&R wasn't willing to make any sacrafice for the show in terms of characters. Like killing off Jack would have been a HUGE shocker but of course PB is like the face of Y&R and if you get rid of him that would have resulted in massive outrage most likely. Plus it might have been good in the short term but it definitely might have a negative effect in the long run when it comes to viewers. In short Y&R seems like the kinda show where the characters we see on a daily basis seem too "important" to be killed off for a stunt like this.

Nick, Victor, Victoria, Nikki, Brad, Paul, Lauren, Katherine...those are all major characters (IMO) that were never going to be in any real danger. And then all the other characters were minor or just not even worth caring about. Noah, Amber, Cane, Adrian, Neil, Maggie, etc.

In short I don't think there was anyway Y&R could have pulled this off without making some kinda big shocking event involving a hugely popular or historical character.

Archived