DAYS: Wednesday Oct. 17 (US), Tuesday Oct. 16 (Canada)!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Say what you will about that last scene with Sami, but BD was simply superb in those scenes. I know it should have ended w/J&M, but that last scene also brougth tears to my eyes along with Marlena's last moment with John. Both AS and BD were good.

She looked so radiant, so gorgeous today. I can't believe how rare we see her. I would kill to have her given the same material DH and Drake got today.

Yes it is indeed. When Hogan's good, he's real good. When he's bad...well I'm gonna stay positive ;).

I've watched since the mid 90s and I've got to say it is IMO.

• Members

Geez the episode ended for me about 15 minutes ago and i'm still a mess..Great episode today, i really enjoyed the whole thing....It was nice to see Maggie, i might even miss Jeremy about (but i'm glad he's leaving)...The sorority scenes were pretty good, but i think this stephanie/max/morgan stuff should have waited till next week...

The hospital scenes were beautifully done..I teared up when bo said his goodbyes..and i loved that they included Kate and let her say goodbye..Marlena's goodbye at the end was heartbreaking..and you could tell those were real tears from MBE, SN, and KA..

Its just so great to actually feel something with Days for a change, instead of just watching it out of habit...I do hate that we are losing John to get all this raw emotion..But i really blame JER...He is the one who turned death into a joke with Days....Over the past few years there have been so many fake deaths, its just ridiculous..Why tune in for these bombs and shootings when you know the person will be okay the next week????? I think Ed Scott wanted to fix that, and prove that they can

• Members

There is not much to say since most of you guys have said what I've felt the last few days. I started watching Days right after Roman was presumed dead on the island. I remember when Drake started on the show as the pawn. He quickly became one of my favorite characters. Most people forget but Drake was able to step into a role the Wayne had made famous. I'm sure some people didn't like him, but he made the role his own. He continued his popularity through so many storylines. He almost always had chemistry with his co-stars. I consider him to be part of 3 super couples. Roman/Marlena, John/Isabella, and then John/Marlena. I don't think he was the best actor on the show, but he brought real enthusiasm and heart to the show. JER took some of that away, and I agree he ruin John his second time around. All and all though, I'll never forget what Drake brought to the show. I'm not mad at the show though. I think this is something that was needed right now. The show has touched me again, and I haven't said that in a while.

• Members

I know I am late to the party, which is weird for me considering I love this show, but I had some stuff going on.

Anyway, this episode was AMAZING!!

I loved seeing Maggie again and I think her scenes with Jeremy and Nick was a nice choice to balance things out with John's death. Suzanne looked great and I am shocked by how far along Trevor Donovon has come. I am glad he is gone though. I did enjoy his relationship with the kids and his friendship with Nick. His last scene where he went to go check on Stephanie was actually kind of sad.

Stephanie/Morgan was fun. I could enjoy a rivalry between these two. I like both actresses and I am glad Days finally introduced a good young female character that has no relations to anyone. They needed that IMO. Nice seeing Billie too. Jett needs to get lost. I want diversity but what a waste. I am intrigued by this rape story though. I see major potential here and if it gives Billie a story, I'm down for it.

Now, onto the big stuff, loved seeing all the supercouples in one room. The little things like Bo and John's arms around each other, Kayla trying to make John comfortable, Steve comforting Marlena...they just make such a difference. Peter Reckell does not get enough credit. He was brilliant in his scenes with John and while alone. I am glad they brought up the night of the shooting. Bo's guilt was heart wrenching. Enjoyed his scenes with Stefano too but something is so up with Roman. He was in the hospital and all of a sudden he shows up while Bo is questioning Stefano and he came off like a protector of Stefano's. It was odd as hell.

KA broke my heart. You can tell she took Drake's leaving hard. I know the show should've ended on J&M but BD and AS rocked that last scene. It was just poorly placed. I also was so happy Kate said goodbye to John. His saying she could never fail him and then Marlena joking it took Kate to wake him up with John saying she is the one that keeps him up was so funny yet fit in with the mood.

That final scene was one of the best goodbyes ever. Seeing everyone crying as Marlena said goodbye. The lighting, writing...everything. Deidre Hall was superb and I would hand her the emmy right now. It was hysterics or over the top. It was real and raw and the performance of the year IMO. I was in tears watching this and I have seen so many Days deaths. This reminded me so much of Steve's but this one had so much more punch for me. When he flatlined, I lost it. I have been hard on Drake but he gave it his all at the end. Him and Dee were great. Everyone was.

Just superb. I have no more words to explain it. Lovely work.

• Members

This is all so hard to watch. DH has been awesome but the circumstances behind all that is happening is pretty sad. One one hand you have all this pent up emotion coming out with the possibility that John may still be alive, as the show wants fans to hope, and know, but that would dliute the effect, a bad habit of DAYS; on the other you have the closing of a 20 year chapter on a MAJOR character in this show's history. John has revolved around a lot of what DAYS has been-- whether u like it or not. Saying goodbye to him-- again under such hasty circumstances is almost like closing a chapter on a half of this show's run on the air.

Archived