DAYS: Wednesday Oct. 17 (US), Tuesday Oct. 16 (Canada)!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched Thursday's US episode (Canada's Wenesday episode) and John's funeral is the BEST soap funeral I have ever seen. Words cannot describe the level of acting, emotion, production and casting this show brings to a vetern character's funeral. Truly Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I haven't cried this much watching an episode since Stone died on GH. The acting was amazing, the dialog was amazing and everything was just filled with emotion.

Any time John & Marlena were in the same frame it made me cry. Whether you like John or not, no one can deny the chemistry and love between John & Marlena. They are probably the best couple to ever exist on a soap. Their love had stood the test of time and as a fan and has been an exciting ride to follow in my young 21 years on this earth.

I am angry that I've been robbed of the chance to see them over the past year the way they should have been...front and center. But I'll embrace the time I did have with them. Remember the good times and the bad, and reflect on how lucky I was to have been part of many to follow their amazing love story.

The only part of the episode that I didn't like was anything involving the younger set. IMO, more respect should have been shown. Hell, fill those scenes with flashbacks of John & Marlena for all I care.

***k the younger set. They will never be able to create the same kind of emotional connection w/ their fans the way the other characters have. Damn it....

• Members

They kind of brought the whole cast out today, which was nice, and it was nice they sort of connected the John storyline with the teen stuff, but overall the sorority house was such an intrusion. The Nick/Jeremy/Maggie stuff was at least more serious so it wasn't as jarring. Still, I wouldn'tve minded if all of today was at the hospital. Yay Maggie, yay Kate, it was good seeing them (I agree it'd be nice if Maggie was there for Marlena).

Martha and Joe are my MVP's of the day, though just about everyone at the hospital was doing well (was not feeling Ali though).

Sad day, touching last moments for the DH's. They should have had more material coming in to this. It'd only be fair that Dee gets something substantial coming out of it. Farewell John Black!

Archived