Anyone think Lorraine Broderick should return to AMC?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Double sigh..that clip always makes my day. And Susan Lucci IS pretty fly, isn't she? I'd love to see her b*tch slap JFP.

Of course Lorraine Broderick should be back at AMC, she was the closest thing to Agnes Nixon that AMC fans could hope for. That being said as long as Frons is at the network she won't be back, she hates him, plain and simple.Felicia Minei Behr really should be prez of ABCD, she knows what makes a great soap.

In regards to Kay Alden...I have the understanding that she WAS offered the gig at AMC but that Frons felt her bible needed some 'tweaking'...an 'event' here, a 'recast' there, a 'different story direction' over there all of which she flat out refused to accept. Thus came in B&E, likely desperate for a headwriting gig after toiling under Sheffer at DAYS. and darling Kay Alden went back tot he Bell fold at B&B where she has, of course, done some beautiful things.

• Members

And actually, say what you will about AMC they and NOT GH should have won that 2005 emmy. AMC 2004 was can't miss. Honestly, I don't think B&E will last too long. AMC doesn't seem to have too many cast members and they're all leaving. Soon they won't need writers.

• Members

If AMC 2004 was cannot miss, then 2003 was golden. 2003 was superior to 2004. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. 2004 was when daytime re-started its creative slide (ATWT, GL, B&B). Not surprised that GH won, they deserved it.

Broderick on AMC...with JHC & Frons? No way! To say the show has fallen by the way side is an understatement. It has been burned, BBQ, fried, skinned and shot at. The question is: Will something significant be done to reverse the damage?

• Members

It is a shame Kay Alden didn't get the job. I think AMC would be in much better shape than what it is now. I wonder if B&E are using some of Alden's storyline bible and "tweaking" it to Frons' and their approval. It they are, the execution of the storylines have been extremely boring and poorly written. AMC is in the worst shape that it has ever been, IMHO.

It would be wonderful to have a strong writer like Broderick back on the show but I don't see Frons ever letting anyone with half a brain write for AMC again. If he was going to allow it, Alden would have gotten the job.

• Members

No..I can agree that AMC 2003 was damn good BUT the first few months were not. I think 2004 up until about the Erica/JAck's wedding in 2005 the show was just wonderful.

As far as the damage. I don't know. I think once the ABC soaps start to slide into the 1.9 range (i'll cry) maybe something will be done.

• Members

You only go by HH ratings? I only go by viewers. So far this year, GH peaked at 4.6 million viewers, OLTL at about 3.6 (?), AMC at 3.5 (?). 2006 was the first year in decades in which AMC failed to peak past 4 million; it only reached 3.9 million. One word: Pathetic. As for crying, a large portion of low-rated shows deserve their low ratings.

Archived