Anyone think Lorraine Broderick should return to AMC?

• Members

Lorriane Broderick has been off AMC for about 10 years now. She was head writer a few times. She wrote wonderful storylines back in her day. She knows the history of the soap, the characters, and will bring it back to what Pine Valley is about. I would love to see Lorriane return home to Pine Valley, she would be excellent. She wrote the Erica pill addiction, Noah/Julia, the Homophobia storyline, Janet's redemption, The Kinder storyline, Bianca's anorexia and Maria's plane crash. She was wonderful for AMC and would love to see her return. What would you think of Lorriane back to AMC?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP? I don't want that pregnancy hating, Frankie-killing, Ellen Parker firing, can't beat Bridget Dobson to the Emmy podium hack anywhere near AMC, it has enough problems. Now as for the question at hand. Why? Have you heard something. I saw a bunch of teens listening to music and Adam acting inept on my screen just now and thought YES. Broderick needs to fix this mess right now.

• Members

Lorraine needs to either go to AMC or GL, she's perfect for those two shows.

I miss her and I hear the only reason she hasn't returned to soap writing has to do with constant network interference. Apparently, she hates Frons and the exes at P&G.

JFP just needs to retire already, her only true success story was Santa Barbara. While her first 3 years at GL were gold, but that was due mostly to Nancy Curlee and her writing team, it was JFP who was responsible for many mistakes there in the early 90's. Jill's stints on AW and OLTL were utter disasters, and GH is virtually unrecognizable from what it was 10 years ago, she totally botched the high standard of quality Wendy Riche bought to that show.

• Members

I honestly don't think Jill is that much responsible for GH's poor production values. Jill totally gave GL and AW a cosmetic makeover, when she helmed both show and that was very much needed at the time. Like her or not, she has a knack for sets and background music.

You should especially compare AW before Jill and after Jill, she totally beautified that show and made it look fresh and up to date. Though her creative vision on that show is another problem...

• Members

With the way Frons micro-manages the ABC soaps, I don't think JFP has much say in terms of spending for sets or storyline content anymore. At least nothing resembling her power trips on SB, GL, AW, and OLTL.

The fact she hasn't left GH probably has to with her not being able to find another job if she does. P&G hates her, NBC only has one soap, and B&B has Bradley.

Should Frons fire her, her only real option ::shutter:: is Y&R. Her friend, Steve Kent, was supervising producer on Santa Barbara for JFP's run there. Now, he's the executive in charge of production for both Y&R and Days.

• Members

Keep JFP away from my AMC! :angry:

Anyway, back on point, I think Lorraine should return. This shitfest we're watching now is just horrible. I wanted them to really workout (B&E) and thought the first two weeks were great and hoped it was a sign of things to come. But the rest of the summer and what looks to be the fall is just boring.

It's a sad statement when the only thing I'm looking forward to is the Babe Switch next week. That's IT! None of the stories right now have me riveted.

Archived