ATWT: Monday Sept 24th Discussion

• Members

It was really hard today. I didn't want to see any of the wedding but they had Carly's scenes intertwined with the wedding so I was wearing my jump button out.

Lord I can't stand fluffernutter. Why is everybody on this show pimping her. Remember when Henry and Carly were buddies and he babysit for her? Now he acts like he hates her, I guess anything goes for the 'beloved one'.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's exactly how I feel. How far do they have to have Henry and Vienna in all things Katie? Henry and Vienna are a cute couple; keep them in things that pertain to them; not the propping up of Tacky Kack.

If I hear one more time Vienna cooing on and on about how 'meant to be' Katie and Jack are, I swear I'd find a way to pluck her out of the television set.

I wonder what Vienna and Henry are going to say when Katie has to go running to them with the information about Carly (you know she's going to go there first). I imagine Vienna will try to drill in that fluff filled brain of Katie's that this is all a plot and a lie and that Carly will wish she were dead if she dare let her illness ruin such a PERFECT couple :rolleyes:

• Members

It was hard today to completely skip the wedding considering how Carly was interspersed in it and I wasn't about to miss any of her scenes. Her story is what is keeping me watching and Maura is doing an outstanding job. And I loved Brad once again being there for her.

I did manage to skip the vows and some of that stuff but from what I saw the wedding was a joke :lol: Could they have any more bad omens? This marriage is doomed and I am very happy about that :lol:

I have to agree that Trent is being totally wasted. I just don't get why they do that to him. He should be so much more than a Katie prop and a Carly hater :angry:

Best thing for me was the preview with a very lonely bride in bed alone on her wedding night staring at her wedding rings :P

• Members

Y'know, if we had "Team Carly" players, and "Team Katie" players, each separately commenting on stuff, maybe it wouldn't seem so bad. But EVERYONE is just hap-hap-HAPPY that Katie and Jack are so happy together, it makes everyone seem callously unconcerned about Carly. Even Lily has to pop over and tell Carly "Jack seems happy with (that bitch) Katie." I mean, Holden even did the same joke thing on Jack that he did at Jack and Carly's big wedding, pretending he lost the rings.

I sincerely doubt we'll have scenes of people even caring that Carly, a young woman with three children, is dying. It'll be all about how poor Jack is deserting his well-worn bride, KATIE. UGH.

• Members

My other favorite person that I didn't mention today and obviously the only team Carly player other than Brad was Parker. I loved him trying to call Carly and showing real concern that she would feel alone now and that it was so official now that Jack and Katie and the kids were a family. It would help if there were a few more people that would at least understand what Carly was going through watching Jack marry Katie, even if they don't know about her illness. Dallas and the other cop were more understanding than anyone else! It would be hard not to have sympathy for Carly when everyone is beating her down. :angry:

• Members

I loved the fact Parker said something along the lines of he wasn't sure he belonged in Jack and Katie's new little family. Even if he "liked" Katie. Just because Jack married Katie doesn't make them a "family"with the kids. I wanted to hurl when she "thanked" them for "sharing" Jack with her. BITCH, please.

• Members

Wonder what all of Katie's family is going to say to her when she goes crying "Carly's illness is ruining my marriage. I know she's ill and doesn't have long to live, but Jack is supposed to be with me on my honeymoon. Now it's all ruined. Why can't I find true happiness. Jack is my soulmate; we have so much in common and we just connect; but it's all ruined because CARLY is ill and he's over there."

Vienna will probably go, "Jack isn't going to leave you. He's going to need you more than ever when Carly passes away. You'll see; just let him spend that time with her till she's gone."

You know from the scenes Jack is kicking his ass triple time...all the nasty things he said to her; and how his last little comment he said to he was "Go and run away, don't think I'm going to come to your rescue this time; becuase I'm not. I'm done." Then when he said in the previews, "Carly, I'm not going to leave you alone. I'm not going to do that" it just hit hard that he's going to be doing whatever to make it up to her.

• Members

I agree all the Katie propping made me ill, I mean really she has practically done something bad to nearly every one of the people that were praising her as a great person, and why are they trying to make it look like Katie has never been married before, for the love of it all this is her 5th wedding in 8 years, she is a friggin whore not a saint :angry: And another thing became clear today JP is still writing, she must have been on vacation last week or something :angry: I did enjoy the Carly and Brad scenes today, love that clock ticking. I also loved seeing Bob and Kim and Margo and Tom to bad it was all to prop that whore Katie.

• Members

I dont have the article. And my scanner is on the blink...lol. But Terri came off really bad to me in the article. She said she doesnt read the message boards anymore because it makes her angry. She says that Carly isnt a saint. She is tried of all the Katie bashing. She doesnt even read her mail. She said how she played the role because of all the negativity towards Katie. And now decided to play it with spunk again. She is going to play the character like she wants to. She came off real bad. I hope she doesnt sign a new contract. She came off like a real *((*^(*&^*(...LOL

Clint, you dont happen to have the article?? :D

• Members

Bitched about it all weekend, compadre. Here in the spoiler thread and other places. I don't think it puts Teri or Carolyn H in a good light either...posting the pertinent quotes...

CH...Jack and Katie get married this week, which makes me wonder what kind of mail you're getting from Carly fans.

T...I don't read my mail and I don't read the internet anymore because it makes me mad. Carly can do no wrong and Katie is the bitch in all of this?

CH...Katie has her fans too, but the Carly fans are more vocal. Were all the opinions starting to affect how you play her?

T...Yes. It started making me wimp out on scenes because I wanted people to like me. But I don't care if the {Carly} fans hate me anymore. People are flawed. I'm over it. I'm bringing Katie's spunk back.

CH...It's so weird, like if Carly and Jack don't end up together, then the Carjackers "lost".

T...Right. You should write an aritcle on the psychology of that. Because they really feel like they're losing...

CH...instead of watching a television show. When you go to ATWT fan events, what happens?

T...The last time it was the beginning of Jack/Katie, and Carly wasn't back yet. So it was really good. Michael was getting a chance to be light and fun and bring more of himself to the role of Jack, and people really liked that. As soon as Carly came back, it was just so obvious that they are addicted to each other.

{section of crap about the wedding dress, Brad catching the bouquet, Teri "I can't believe they actually married us". etc.}

CH...are they making Carly sick to try and get sympathy for her?

T...And to get Jack back into her life, because he's pretty much done with her.

CH...what kind of special soap opera disease does Carly have?

T...she has a brain tumor, a lesion...It's inoperable. Mike's like "I have to say it's inoperable? C'mon!"

CH...does Jack go to her?

T...of course. She has only a month to live. Katie's like "I know she's sick and you need to be there for your family and everything--but can't you get her a nurse?"

CH...there must be a twist to keep Maura West on the show if the brain tumor is "inoperable.".

T...yep. Luckily Brad is ther to help Katie through it. All I can say is that Katie must be really good in bed for all these guys to want her---because she's not all that great.

Just tacky in the extreme. It's bad enough Hinsey hates Carly (and Maura I suspect) but Teri comes off as arrogant and bitchy. If I was Maura, I'd be pissed reading this. It's unbelievable to me that two people who have jobs thanks to the fans, don't realize that there are reasons that a whole CROSS-SECTION of ATWT can't stand Katie anymore, other than the fact they may or may not like Carly. And it's a joke for Teri to say "well, before Maura came back, the feedback was positive." Before Maura came back was what? April? May? If Teri had had to sit through months of irritatingly delusional KackCrap dialogue, maybe she'd understand why a lot of people would prefer to see Carjack. Kelley Hensley, who was on maternity leave, said SHE was irritated by it, and wanted Brad/Katie and Jack/Carly.

Carolyn Hinsey did another of these interviews with Mike in the spring, and she stated she didn't ever want Jack or Parker to forgive Carly too.

• Members

Oh, I must have missed your post. I haven't been feeling great lately. I need to go read it...LOL. Terri did come off very unprofessional. I dont see Maura acting that way towards the storyline.

The vows for Katie and Jack were so bad today. I remember maybe once that Katie was there for Jack's kids. She barely started eyeing Jack when Carly showed up.

• Members

Wasn't really a separate post, we just brought it up in the spoiler thread. I just don't get Teri's attitude. Considering all the fan support she got in the Simon and Mike relationships, it seems hypocritical to bash one set of fans for not liking the story. I suppose she didn't get any negative mail over "stealing" Mike from Jen? :rolleyes: I guess that's the attitude one develops when an actor is given nothing but "fluffy" B stories that never really test their on-screen relationships. I think the word I'm searching for is "entitled". :D

*snort* Katie hasn't done anything for the Carjack children, other than babysit them a couple of times since Carly's return.

• Members

It's the funniest thing...I adore Terri, but I don't find the pairing of Katie and Jack interesting to me; simply because of this:

The minute they put the two of them together, they started making them tacky (writing wise)....Michael Park is a wonderful actor, but the scenes they have together just doesn't gel; I don't see any chemistry in the scenes; and a lot of times the scenes when put out on the screen were force fed to the viewers; more or less, "This is what you are getting, like it, and deal with it."

The Powers That Be know full well who the fan bases are; i know they can't be that dense not to know; they knew the minute Maura West returned (and viewers knew she would return) that folks would want CarJack back together....They also knew that Terri's fan base wasn't going to be that of Kack but that of either Matie or Skatie....those were Terri's strongest fan bases. She can't get upset that CarJack fans were not embracing her in the pairing of Katie and Jack; she's been on the show for a long time, so she must have had some indication as to who the fan fave couples are, so it can't be all that big of a slap to know that CarJack fans were going to speak very vocally about what they don't like.

As a Matie fan, and I was a diehard Matie fan, I cursed left and right the minute they brought Simon back into the picture...plus too, I cursed left and right at the writing that they were doing to assassinate Matie; not only that, but the writers ruined a wonderful friendship between Katie and Henry. To this day, I still do not see the chemistry that Trent and Terri once had; and it was mainly due to the marrying of Henry and Katie; then the break-up of them, which in some ways broke up that rich, scheming friendship that they had.

Overall, Terri should read her mail; she might be surprised by those who may like her and her character. I am sure folks who were Menn (Mike and Jennifer) were writing the same type of mail to her when her character was set to be paired back up with Mike; it's no different.... Fans like their characters with whom they are familiar with. She should accept that everyone isn't going to be KACK fans; just like some folks aren't going to be CarJack fans....I don't see Maura or Michael trashing on the fans that may write that they don't want CarJack together anymore.

Archived