Elizabeth sets the record straight

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

I've been dying to type this since I (admittedly) helped tarnish Alicia Silverstone's reputation after her controversial brush-off of Bits on "The View" earlier this year. (She walked right past Bits at the introduction; hugged all other co-hosts)

The nation thought Silverstone brushed her off as a political statement. It was the talk of Internet bloggers the country over that week (and here on DR and at SON, thanks to yours truly, lol).

We were wrong. I'll admit it!

While talking about Silvy's latest nude spread for PETA, Bits said she wanted to set he record straight.

FIRST, Alicia was tired and nervous that day.

SECOND, she brushed by Bits without thinking.

THIRD, she phoned Bits after people railed against her on the Internet for the apparent snub, and apologized and let her know it was nothing like what people were saying.

So there you have it.

Alicia's reputation is intact!

SO...who do you believe...? I believe Alicia but now, Internet opinion is swaying me again. Some say she heard of all the controversy her alleged snub stirred -- and now she's lying to cover her ass. :o

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who cares? If she did she did. I would have too. I don't mind people who have different opinions, but Bits lives in her own little bubble and anyone who dares to challange her is WRONG. Hell, half the time she talks out her ass. If she really knew what she was talking about, if she could really handle all the debates she threw herself into, then I'd at least want to listen to her.

I think it's about time someone showed her the same lack of respect that she show's everyone else.

• Members

I thinks he snubbed her - and i say u go alicia, snub that -----!

btw, alicia imo is the sexiest most beautiful celeb - perhaps ever.

if its all due to her lifestyle than damn, i wish i could give it all up and only eat what she does.

shes amazing and deserves more roles.

oh abck to the view...

i do like that the view does have someone like Liz, as much as ic ant stand her and disagree with her on everything, because it is a VIEW that a lot of american have. I am glad they added some non-white co-hosts this year, but they atill need more. they should have various generations and races of woman on the show, IMO. yes they aheva few generations and what.... 2 races? and all current co-hosts are stright.

• Members

Well, I'm conservative and think she makes perfect sense and debates the issues well. She is pretty knowledgeable about her issues but the thing is we're going to disagree no matter what because you don't care for her viewpoint.

Of course a lib will say a con is talking out of her ass (and vice versa) because they don't agree with the viewpoint. Say what you will, but Bits didn't ask for it, as your post suggests.

She just had a different "View."

'lici' was WRONG for what she did. And a bitch.

(Yeah, I'm now buying that the one-time Cher Horowitz is backpeddling like a mo' fo)

• Members

I'm not a Democrat. Never have been, an never will be. So I don't get where you think I'm against her. What I'm against is people talking out their ass and believing that they know what they're talking about. Bits talks, she doesn't know for what I've observed of her. I don't like her opinion because I think she does nothing more then spit out the party line. If her thoughts were her own, and she could back them up with more then her the typical Republican pyscho babble, then I might be a fan of hers. There's nothing I can't stand more then someone who is a Political phony, and IMO, she is.

I earned my BA in this stuff. I know the issues and if I don't, or if I'm not as versed in one as I am the other...I'm not going to say anyhing on it. Or go in with an open mind and let either side persaude me. I have my own thoughts and opinions. I don't tow either party line, and those who do wihtout having any free thought and opinions of their own are what is wrong with this country IMO.

So yes, I think Bits needs to shut the [!@#$%^&*] up on most issues and crack open a textbook or read up on it on the net. I have some I can lend her. ;)

That must blow your mind JSF, that I hate Bits, and I'm not a Democrat. I hate Roise too, go figure.

• Members

Doesn't blow my mind. You needn't be a Dem. I know you're liberal, though, from what I've seen. So that's where the disagreement comes, I think. Now, the show is "The View." Not, "Polical Science Major's View." NONE of those women are right or have a degree to answer such things, in my opinion. Not even Babs. She's just a journalist. That doesn't make her an expert. So why gang up on Bits? That's what I don't get. Even if she doesn't know what she's talking about, it's her "View." That's the spirit of the show. Let's face it: It's about trashy girl talk that often has amateurs' take on the world at large. This ain't "The McLaughlin Group," guys.

Cut Bits a break.

• Members

You apperently only see what you want to see, because a thread in on this board says I'm far more Conservative them I am Liberal. My point isnt't that Bits opens her mouth that she opens her mouth and spews party line. Period. She has no original thoughts. No thoughts that don't fall perfectly in line with what hte party teaches. I do consider myself more informed then her, absolutely. But even I know when to speak and when not to. And I don't say things that I know nothing about. Unlike Bits and even unlike Rosie. That's my problem with her. That she masks party politics with her "own" thoughts. I'm sorry that I believe that if you're going to try and teach people, inform people or if you're in a position to do so that you should be informed.

That's a lot of what's wrong with this country, IMO.

LMFAO JSF, you make all these assumptions about people based on what you've "observed", but with me, you're as far from being right as you c ould be.

• Members

Well, with all due respect, Kyle, I feel you're making assumptions about me as well. You may have noticed my posting has drastically been decreased on this and other boards. I don't read every thread. (This is a deliberate decision to kill my penchant for the Internet; gotta work out more and get back in hot shape ;)) So I missed your declaration as being more of a conservative.

But really, can you blame me for my assumption? I can't count how many posts you wrote (seriously, it must have been hundreds) about how disgusting Josh is on AMC. Each read, to this conservative, as a love-letter to abortion, a liberal cause.

Hence the not-so-farfetched assumption.

But back to Bits: Why do people say she spews the party line? What if she just IS staunchly Republican? What's wrong with that? I mean, no one's holding a gun to her head. That means these ARE her views. I never get that "party line" argument.

• Members

Hundreds, LMFAO, thousands is a much more accurate number. And i'm not ashamed to say that I champion Roe v. Wade. Not afraid in the slightest to say that. And I never will be. But I champion it because I'm well versed in BOTH sides of the issues, unlike the person who is the topic of this thread.

But one issues determines a person's politics? Since when? Ask me about immigration, gun control, heatlh care, foreign or domestic, fiscal policy, and you're head will spin. ;) You are a Conservative, I'm not making assumptions, you've said as much. I'm neither a stuanch Liberal or a staunch Conservative. I'm somewhere in the middle on most is

They're not her views, they're the views of the party. It's always the same with people who are so wraped up in the party that they don't know their head from the parties ass. How do we know they're hear ideas? They sound exactly the same as every other Republican out there. Which says to me, towing party line.

She has the change to inform and educated. But she doesn't. She spouts what she knows. And that's only ever ONE side of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived