ATWT Discussion: Wednesday September 12

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Lily/Holden scenes. Reminds me of them in the 80's. Yes, Lily is lying to HOlden...eh....Holden has been a prick lately anyways...LOL. I am so sick of all the bashing Jackass is doing to Carly. Jack needs to take a flying leap and take Katie with him. Katie can keep plucking Jack as many times she wants. While Jack plays Mr. Mom to their 100 babies they have. I have lost all respect for Jack. Seriously his bashing to Carly is so overused. Even Michael Park seems like he is just phoning in his lines.

Nice seeing Susan but hate the storyline. So I dont really care about Gweenie and Co. The engagement party was ok. Tomorrow looks good. And forget about Lily hating Katie. The writers know zero about the shows history. I hate how Holden has been pimping Katie to Jack.

• Members

Have to agree with PJ about the engagement party. ATWT needs to get it together with these social occasions. Remember Henry and Vienna's non-wedding? Not one friend for Viennna (they couldn't even bring in an extra for the day?), nobody for Henry except his ex-wife, her husband and Brad, the man Henry saw in bed with his fiancee hours earlier. Oh, yes, Parker and Faith, too. Aside from Maddie and possibly Katie, not a single person who had a reason to be there. Same thing with today's "event". Where's Margo and Craig? Where's Emma, Meg, Brad? I love ATWT, but they should stay away from big events.

• Members

You're my hero! :D

I don't get why "parties" can't be big events anymore. I would think it would be less expensive to have a week's worth of action take place on one set. Even if you had to bring in most of the cast.

Re: Carly and Craig's non-friendship. I think the real break was after Craig sabotaged Rosanna's first attempt at adoption. Craig knew Ro wanted to adopt, but his past (like 20 years ago, he kidnapped Dani Andropoulous, Emily's neice by her sister Betsy, who was married to Craig at the time but in love with Steve Andropoulous) got in the way. So, he ended up "buying" baby Cabot, which we're supposed to believe James Stenbeck engineered (Cabot is biologically James' grandchild by Jordan Sinclair). The Canadian authorities forced Rosanna to give Cabot back (although she wanted to flee with him and asked Carly to help her, but Carly talked her out of it), which broke up Ro and Craig. James later (sort of) gave him back to Rosanna and wanted her to marry Jordan, a man she had never even met. (I think...it's kind of hazy) and agree to raise the baby with him (Jordan).

Then the fact that Craig ran her sister off the road really pissed Carly off, as well as the fact he tried to kidnap the baby from Carly, who had taken the little foundling in, not knowing he was really Craig's son by Jen Munson, Johnny.

Katie was in Montana, because she was doing what she does best, sticking her nose in where it wasn't wanted. She and Mike had struck up a "friendship" after Simon left her, and naturally she went to "support" him when he ran to Montana to see his "babeeee bein' born." (Ugh, I used to hate Mike so much, and Montana just took him to new, whiny lows...)

• Members

Thanks PJ....I remember the whole Steve, Craig and Betsy and story....used to watch it then on and off. Why am I not surprised to learn about Katy chasing after Mike in Montana. Thank god that was a Carjack baby and not Mikes. I also saw some of the Molly/Jake stuff and I really liked them too. I wish they would put old soap stuff on dvd like they do with the seasons of prime time shows. I would buy that up in an instant. I hear they are putting all old stuff on soapnet but unfortunately we can't get that channel here in Canada.

As for the storyline today, I was not impressed with the fact that they all believed Carly's "stunt". I just don't understand what they are doing to Jack. It's making it harder and harder to like him and I think they are doing that on purpose because they want the carjack fans to just not want Carly to be with Jack now. I think they want us to all just say let him have Caty and get it over with. But I for one just can't buy this whole Kack mess. There is NO CHEMISTRY!!!!! Lord, it makes it impossible to watch and get behind this couple as a pairing. I'm also starting to really like Brad now. Hope they just keep Brad and Carly as good friends. That would be refreshing.

• Members

Kind of reminds me of the whole pairing of Lily and *cough Keith *cough*.... They were the most oddest couple to me.... he insinuated himself in EVERYTHING and towards the end, he was skulking around the Emma's Boarding, I mean Snyder farm, asking Dusty and Meg (when they were together) if they knew where Lily went to. I couldn't buy them as a couple back then and I can't buy Katie and Jack as a couple now.

Even at the time that Julia 1 was in the picture, I could get somewhat used to (mainly because they weren't writing both Carly and Jack as crappy characters), but they have written not only Jack, but Carly and Katie as characters that you don't even recognize... Well, I take that back. Katie's always been one to spread wide for any man's loving, but still.

Archived