ATWT: Gwen IVF Storyline Spoiler-UPDATE.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As my good buddy Ryan would put it:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I am totally sorry but this storyline has not made one lick of sense since day one, and this just makes it even worse. Not to mention chances are that it won't work and then we are going to have to see Sofie the worlds most boring character and Cole the second most boring character every single day during the giving of there baby to Gwen. How freaking boring, and for what if JL and JS leave the show when there contracts are up what is the point of going through all this boring crap for months. I mean really it will be what 5-6 months before Sofie is due, what are they going to do in the mean time other than totally bore me.

They should have just let Gwen have the baby she was carrying and fired Sofie and Cole that I would have accepted this crap I don't.

• Members

Wow...

I just don't get this storyline. I love Gwen. I love Will. I want THEM to have a baby.

NOT Allison and Will. Much as I love Allison...shes NOT Will's wife and this whole bs storyline is just a way for her to "redeem" her self it looks like to me.

Plus medically the reasons for Gwen not being able to have children sound sketchy at best.

I guess I'm just sad that Will and Gwen have to resort to this. Why can't they just implant one of Gwens egg with Will's sperm and plant it in Allison? THEN she carries it to term...forever earning their undying love and support? That would be a sweet and loving storyline. One that truly gives Willen fans what they deserve and want.

• Members

The worst part of this is that Gwen seems to be jumping into it for all the reasons Susan warned her of, like trying to console her grief. She's totally rushing her body into this, and the real conflict should come from Will putting his foot down and refusing to commit his little swimmers to the process until she's ready. And since when did IVF become the only option? From what I remember, Susan gave no indication that Gwen's reproductive system was compromised. Another story bulldozing through a plot with no time to stop for emotional reflection!

• Members

Ugh. All this storyline is is ATWT trying to give Jen Landon material to have a chance to win another emmy. They through together Chloe after getting wind of the Ava and Lily stuff on AMC, and that flopped like a ton of bricks, so now we are stuck with this

• Members

I'm sorry, but as a person who struggled with infertility and endured every painful test and procedure known to mankind for almost seven years before finally succeeding and having my son, I am insulted by this Will/Gwen baby story. First of all, no doctor in the real world would even consider the two of them as immediate candidates for these complicated and risky procedures when they're both just barely out of their teens (IF they're out of their teens). And, if Gwen's only problem is that she can't produce her own eggs, that's no reason to rush things. She can get herself inseminated with a donor egg just as easily a couple of years from now as she can now. It's not like she's been diagnosed with some fatal disease where time is a factor.

Of course, I realize this is a soap and can't expect reality, but this show doesn't even try for realism and believability.

• Members

WORD...I mean would it have REALLY TOO MUCH to ask that they just let this ONE child live? Especially since its Gwen and Will's? This just bothers me on so many levels. But hey I'm not in charge so I really have no control over it.

Thats ALL soaps today. I've yet to see one soap thats onsistently realistic. Its kinda gotten worse with ATWT if you ask me. Most of the relationships that are going on right now just don't seem real to me. Holden/Lily. Carly & Jack. Emily & Dusty or Dusty & Alison. Besides Willen and Jatie I'm past believing the pairings that occur on the show. And Nuke probably won't be here in the long run so I'm not really putting my hopes on them.

Archived