DAYS: Tuesday September 4

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hear hear, Toups.

OK a couple things to get out of the way before I gush...

why does Sami not have a guard outside her hospital room? Not that those guards were that effective before but Andre is on the loose and just tried to kill Sami and yet without much concern at all other than keeping EJ away Lucas leaves Sami ALONE in the hospital with no one around? Not that I'm complaining that this gave us EJami alone time but still...

Anyone else notice the pink bedding Sami was wrapped in while EJ had on a baby blue robe in today's epi? Curious.

Still loving the lighting and camera angles. In the EJ and Sami scenes I liked the shadows on the wall from the blinds like sunlight was coming in the window and the pub looked really pretty too.

Loved the EJ and Sami scenes, of course. Finally EJ is back to being the smartass rogue and Sami is back to being the sarcastic skeptic. Loved EJ calling out Sami on becoming a Stepford wife and also pointing out despite her claims to be something else she is still a schemey little liar... shortly before she LIED to Lucas about EJ being there. LOL Also, enjoyed Sami giving back as good as she got by calling Santo a dirty sleazebag and sticking the thorn in EJ's side by kissing Lucas in front of him and saying she loves him on the phone. I <3 EJami bickering. Also love the Santeen parallels to EJami and EJ just being so damn shameless. Seriously swooning at all of this EJami goodness.

The Lucas and Kate scenes were fantastic. I don't know if it is the Ed Scott factor but IMO Bryan Datillo's acting has gotten A LOT better in a hurry the past few epis. He was understated and not yelling at Kate (or yelling so much at Sami earlier in the epi for that matter) and much less of a spoiled brat like he was when he turned her into the SEC and seems to be back in character now a supportive son, which is more true to Lucas's history. Yet in this instance he didn't come across so much as a mama's boy in doing so like he has in the past. He was just the caring son who has always been super tight with his mom. He still can't kiss Sami worth a darn but that's OK now because it works for the story if they are going in this direction with Sami finding herself seduced toward EJ. Loved Lauren Koslow's work too talking about what Roman meant to her in the past and this plot twist with her moving in with Roman. Loving this story taking a Kaman turn because JT and LK have great chem. Awww he called her Katie. <3

The Steve and Stephanie scenes were good EXCEPT I still detest the use of the term, "Papa." Good to see three of *MY* fab four sharing screen time today and I like the whole bringing this full circle dynamic with Bo referring to Steve as the Brady's assassin to take out Stefano. LOL at Bo running away before Kayla could yell at him for his plan to use Steve. And still enjoying Steve and Kayla more and more each day.

The Bo, Tony, Abe stuff was good. Yay for Abe being back on my screen even if just for a few lines and less than ten minutes. Very intrigued by the Tony-Stefano stuff, too. I swear this dysfunctional DiMera family dynamic is the most fascinating and complex thing I can remember on DOOL in years. I'm not sure if Tony was telling the truth that in the end his loyalty will be to Stefano or that was some kind of foreshadowing down the road or what. But I enjoy speculating about it. Flove the kiss of each of Stefano's cheeks and the DiMera legacy talk as Stefano was in the hospital bed. And I swear I'm not just biased because that's the sort of stuff I liked to write about in my last fic.

• Members

I skimmed the day ahead preview, but i'm surprised to see that Abe makes an appearance today..Can't wait..Also i didn't know Kate was moving in with Roman..I say bring it on..Maybe Anna could get a little jealous, sometime down the line...I'll watch later, but sounds like an exciting episode..

• Members

A good, solid episode. Nice scene with Steve and Stephanie; they have a good father-daughter chemistry together, when she's not screaming "I hate you" at him like a spoiled brat. Hopefully, today is a hint that she's going to begin showing some much needed maturity.

Kate and Lucas were wonderful together. BD has been much improved over the last week or so, but he's always his best when teamed up with LK. When he can refrain from being a whiny mama's boy, that is. I liked her confiding to Lucas that she told Roman about her tryst with Stefano. Although that isn't a normal conversation between mother and son, it works with their history because they were always close and each other's confidant. There was a nice sizzle to the Roman/Kate conversation. Surprised that she's moving in--that may prove interesting--and I'm so happy that Kate has been given something to do that doesn't involve Sami. And Lauren Koslow looked gorgeous today.

These Dimeras are so intriguing. I couldn't figure out if Tony was being sincere when talking to Stefano or not. And the double kiss--is that a kiss of betrayal or affection? I just love, love, love this storyline right now. BTW--my husband came in while I was watching and asked if I was sure that was Tony, and I realized everyone was assuming that's Tony--could it be Andre? I don't think so, but it just adds to the suspense and mystery of it all.

Abe, Bo, Steve, Kayla....great scenes. The Steve/Kayla scene when they were discussing the plan to "kill" Stefano and Kayla was expressing her fears--I felt that old magic between them so strongly. I agree with IMissAremid--for me, the Big 4 has become Steve and Kayla and Bo and Hope. I don't even miss John and Marlena--although I do enjoy Marlena when she's on. John...I'm over him. If TPTB intended us to lose interest in John by keeping him basically MIA for 2007, it worked...for me, at least. I'm being drawn into S/K more and more every day.

EJ and Sami were so good today! And I loved that EJ referred to Sami as a "modern day Stepford wife". I've been calling her that for weeks. EJ made some good points about Sami suppressing who she really is and again pointing out how much they are alike. That's been my problem with Lumi for a long time--in order for Sami to win Lucas and have her happy family, she had to transform herself into the good girl (in other words, she had to become Carrie). EJ doesn't want her to change; he loves the lying, manipulative schemer that she really is. I love that Sami, too, and I hope this is the beginning of her reverting back to her true self. The lie to Lucas was a good first step!

• Administrator

Yup, it looks like they're going forward with EJ/Sami and of course I don't like it.

Now Sami is lying to her husband and will probably cheat on him. It would be so out of character for Sami to cheat on Lucas because she's never been the one to cheat due to her history.

Everytime Sami looks at EJ like she wants him, I always picture her being scared and crying in the car on that December night.

I really hope Ed Scott does something before this gets too far.

• Administrator

Ed probably couldn't do anything about the kiss. I really don't think we'll see Ed's influence on the storylines until November because the scripts are written in advance. He can probably still make little changes here and there but not too much.

But I do know that EJ/Sami are Hogan's rooting couple. He should've planned better for them if he wanted them to be a romantic couple.

As for Wyman being the roadblock, that's a possibilty, but I'm not too sure who was the roadblock. It also could've been Corday.

• Members

I loved all of the episode - even Stefanie (which is a first), and the lack of the TTS group probably helped. Still a strong and interesting day. Laughed at the CPR poster EJ walked past on his way back to Sami's room, and was totally captivated by them: they play off each other so well, I know I could never dislike them together.

And that brings up my question if I'm able to even ask it right: did Sheffer turn EJ's character so dark, where his only weakness was Samantha and even with her being a "good soldier" for his father was stronger; and then slowly turn him back around from the time of Sami's wedding and more so when Tony/Andre and then Stefano returned - to the point that he essentially wasn't even the same man (redemption); and now having him more balanced out (bad boy good heart). As in could Sheffer have done all of this intentionally?? For me this would be more of a film or book story than what I'm used to seeing on soaps; mainly because of the level of darkness and well everything about it.

OR was all of that designed to make viewers dislike EJ so they could do lucas and sami? - For sure that's what I thought at the time; and it wasn't until EJ was drinking on the pier (and his scene with Stefano the day before) that it even hit me that it *might* have been more about EJ than about just trying to keep him and Sami apart so that Sami and lucas could be together.

I never watched Sheffer till he came to Days, so I don't know if he's that daring and plain brilliant or if it was the more obvious attempting to ruin EJ so lucas and sami would look better together than they are?

• Members

I loved this episode. The only bad thing was not being able to re-watch it on SoapNet at the 7 p.m. (eastern) schedule. :angry:

I'm happy to see EJ and Sami sharing scenes, but I never believed what happened on Dec. 29th was an actual rape (like rapes I've watched on soaps in the past) anyway. If Sheffer had planned it as a rape, I don't think he would have continued the interaction with EJ and Sami afterwards (her going into his apartment alone to discuss keeping her secret from Lucas is one example). Especially, I think she would have found some other way to kill EJ without seducing him. Sami was always bright and clever that way.

Tony had me doing a double-take when he was talking to Stefano. If he hadn't gone out and told Bo about Stefano's dream, I would really wonder if we saw Tony or Andre in those scenes.

I haven't been overly fond of the TTS group, but Stephanie with Steve was excellent father/daughter drama.

Loretta

• Members

He definitely did something similar on As the World turns with Craig and Jack and Carly. there was no rape, but he played with Craig doing these awful things (ending with possibily setting the wife he married for money on fire), all the while toying with the audience that Craig and Carly would be the long-term couple and he was going to break up Jack and Carly for good. Only at the end of the 18-month long story (which was actually about three different stories back to back that centered around the triangle: Craig and Winston Lowe, then Jack's wife going crazy/Bryant's Death/Craig and Carly sleeping together in NYC... and then the spa story, which reunited Jack and Carly in the end), did we realize it was a Jack and Carly story all along... even though for about nine months, it definitely felt like a Craig/Carly story.

One of Hogan's writers from that show who is on Days now even said it in an interview in SOD recently - that he saw similarities between the two. Although I don't know if that means it'll be a Lucas/Sami story in the end, or an EJ/Sami story. But he is known for writing VERY long-term umbrella stories.

• Members

I've been thinking about this, too...I'm wondering if Hogan ever planned for the December 29 "event" to be perceived as rape...or if viewers' perceptions turned it into a rape. I'm torn because I have referred to it as rape but part of that is because that was the way it was referred to before the episode ever aired. If I had seen it with no preconceived idea, would I still have called it rape? She was definitely coerced, but she made the decision herself...the gun was not in evidence at that point...although she did know he had a gun....Sami was obviously upset but at the time she thought Lucas was dying...I just don't know! I do know it wasn't handled well, especially since it was ignored for months afterward, and Sami showed no fear of EJ and still spent time with him alone, even "seducing" him at one point and being used as bait by her father another time. The whole thing has been handled with no consistency at all, and I don't know if that's because it didn't come across as the writers intended, if they don't know themselves what exactly happened, if they keep changing their minds, or if fan reaction keeps changing the story.

Archived