DAYS: Tuesday

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ADORED THIS EPISODE. ALL OF IT.

I loved it when Andre had Bart spray Lucas with the squirt gun a while back, but I have to say seeing him pistolwhipped is EVEN MORE divine than I imagined it could be. As implausible as it is that Sami couldn't point out the blood on the wall to the gym manager and that Andre could have had everything already set up with the ducttape and gun and car with dobermans outside it already to go to trap Lucas, I don't care, because it was all so damn entertaining to watch. I don't know where Trandre got the makeup and wig either but I don't care because Thaao ROCKED those scenes. Trandre playing with the wig as he leered at Sami and asked Sami "or will any DiMera do" was SOOOOOO CREEPY AND CHILLING. Rather than just campy like it could have gone so easily. BTW... does anyone else think the gym manager could have been Trandre's sister? Yikes on both accounts. The only weak link in all of this was Datillo with that weird delivery where it seemed like he was going to laugh when he said "You think you can beat the Bradys! You can't beat the Bradys! Just ask Stefano." Not only was it just awkward, but it also seemed a bit out of character as they have been (realistically IMO) making it a point to have Lucas demonstrating little faith in the Salem PD and specifically Sami's dad to protect them from the DiMeras. But that's just nitpicking I suppose because again I loved the scene overall and seeing Lucas pistolwhipped was a real treat for me in case I haven't said that already. :D

Yay for Benjy and Payla sharing a scene even if they never were shown hashing things out after Benjy betrayed them and helped trigger Steve's crazy. It's sort of like the Pocket story coming full circle with Benjy back in their lives again. I also liked Hope thinking of Lexie and wanting to call her. That was a nice touch. And I love Hope pushing Steve to say whether he wants to be a father again and them discussing Stephanie and how that affect's Steve's fears of parenting.

RoHYPNOLman had me in stitches. EJ... Needle... Leg... LMFAO. Just like I loved the affect that Nick's massive head wound had on his character I am simply enchanted by the new RoHYPNOLman. The Boman scenes of them as the sibling comedy duo have been pretty good for a while now, but with Roman all drugged up it's like they are on another plane of funny. I don't know what the hell has got into Josh Taylor since the Brady-DiMera storyline came along but I am LOVING it. And Peter is doing a great job too.

But mostly I adored this episode because of James Scott and especially him when working with Joseph Mascolo. Just like the show has been doing the Brady brothers right with the scenes they are getting, I'm loving the scenes between the DiMeras. All of them. It's been great the past couple days seeing the return of EJ and Bo/Roman as antagonists with them trading witty quips and insults yet at the same time also getting to see EJ stand up to Stefano or at least try to be his own man as the fascinating chessmatch plays out between these two very complex, dramatic and prideful characters who each possess extreme manipulative prowess. And with this return of smart, ruthless EJ it's been fun seeing him make things happen again rather than just reacting so much with him eluding Bo and getting out of the handcuffs craftily and helping Sami sneak through the health club as it is just more believable and fun to watch than him stupidly opening a ticking suitcase.

Even though I had been concerned that the ice truck debacle meant they were throwing EJ's redemption out with the bathwater, I feel a lot better about the show right now as I like so much the way James is playing EJ's internal conflict and I am curious to see how everything will turn out when it's revealed as I think if done well it actually could be good drama if EJ and Sami get close during this time that Sami is unaware what happened.

Also, the talk EJ and Stefano had about him wanting Stefano's help to get Andre and playing on Stefano's guilt about Renee gave me chills and I've only seen a few clips of Renee on YouTube and the little I know about her here and there mostly comes from reading up on Tony's history. I suppose the scene may have been strengthened with a brief Renee flashback, but even without it both Joe and James still managed to make me care about Renee a lot.

I also am so much enjoying Santo and learning more about him as we got that very powerful scene last week with him ripping his shirt and giving his heart to Colleen and today's scene where Santo's ghost visits Stefano was just so mesmerizing I just am in awe right now. When I saw that spoiler about Stefano getting a visit from Santo's ghost I wondered how it would all would turn out as I thought it could be kind of cheesy or awkward (I mean this show did give us a voodoo paternity test not that long ago for Pete's sake), but both James and Joe just nailed that scene so well and the lighting and the music and minimal effects except for cool ghost thing at the end were just so PERFECT, too.

OMG and the ending of this episode with Stefano's crazy laugh about the end being here and Trandre saying the end is near with just his eyes peering out over the folio as the screen faded to black just as the music went out...

This is true soap OPERA and I LOVE IT! [/gushing fangurl]

• Administrator

Great post, IMA.

Roman has been great the past couple of weeks, maybe it's because he's funny now. "Bo...is that short for Boseph." And then at the Gym, "Looks, Roman, numbers." :lol:

Yeah, the ending was very good.

Great show today.

• Members

Please tell me I'm not dreaming,...three good episodes in a row...no, make that two good episodes and one TERRIFIC episode! IMissAremid, I'm going to gush along with you because this episode was absolutely wonderful, and I'm so happy right now. Yes, it does help that Lucas got beat up (I'm sorry; I just don't like the character!), but even without that little gift it was a solid hour of soapy goodness. What makes it even better is that today could have been a cheesy, campy disaster (one reason I don't pay a lot of attention to spoilers, because reading a description can be much different than the actual execution of the episode), but it wasn't. The writing, acting and direction all worked together flawlessly to give us a suspenseful hour of drama with just the right amount of humor. I PRAY they can keep this up!

The Stefano/Santo scene is probably my favorite scene in a long time. To see the all powerful Stefano with tears in his eyes, talking about his life before the vendetta changed everything, seeing the adoration he had for his own father...perfection.

Roman and "Boseph" were so funny. Could we just keep Roman drugged up like that? I haven't enjoyed JT as Roman this much EVER. Kayla, Steve, Hope, Benjy were all amazing as well. Something about Benjy is just so appealing...I don't know what it is, but even with his very limited appearances I like him so much.

Andre looked ridiculous in that get-up and it would have been so easy for his scenes to be ridiculous as well, but Thaao managed to be scary and riveting instead. I never had the urge to laugh at him, simply because he was too terrifying. It was weird, though, how much he looked like the health club manager. I guess she was Andre's inspiration maybe?

Please, please, please, gods of daytime TV, let this trend continue with DAYS OF OUR LIVES!

• Members

I FREAKIN LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!

Today's episode had such great acting, direction, and writing. Minor inconsistencies aside, this episode kept me glued to my television screen. This episode was quite the roller coaster. From the Payla scenes to the intense scenes at the athletic club.

I was so skeptical at first when I learned Stefano was going to be visited by the ghost of his father, but damn it just might be the most well executed thing DAYS has done in quite sometime. It proved to be such a powerful scene. I've never, never seen Stefano so filled with so much emotion, so much vulnerability. I got to hand it to Hogan who is making Stefano one heck of a rounded character. I'm enjoying it so.

Joe M. and James Scott are excellent. Stefano's laugh at the end was a perfect ending, better than ANY SFX ending we’ve had under Wyman.

Speaking about execution, I did not expect the show to use real dogs during the car scene, but surprise they did. You can tell Wyman has left the building.

BTW, was the casting of the gym manager supposed to be some kind of joke? I mean she so looked a bit like Andre in drag, I swear.

• Members

Now THIS is Days of Our Lives!! The show seems to be getting better every day and today's episode literally blew my socks off and was edge of the seat drama!

Smack me now if Hogan Sheffer has planned the destruction and then redemption / rebirth of EJ all along! Even if it wasn't the original plan, Days is making this storyline realistic and intensely powerful. The appropriate steps and conflicts are being shown, the interaction between father and son, and within the character are on target. James Scott is brilliant in the role; from his non-verbal expressions to his delivery.

The reference to Renee was brilliant; Stefano was divine, Andre was chilling and came off very Joan Crawford-ish; Sami was a little better, Lucas was -- well no comment; drugged Roman was a riot and the interaction between Bo and Roman was good. And another WOW to making Bo and Roman responsible for what happens to Benji!!

• Members

If today was any indication of what's upcoming with the show, then I completely understand why many of the actors from DAYS have been so excited about Ed Scott's arrival. Something has definitely changed in the last few days, despite the fact that ES isn't credited until tomorrow. Maybe we've been in a holding pattern the last few weeks and that's why the episodes have seemed so disjointed? I just hope this continues, because today's show was something to be excited about.

• Members

I'm wondering the same thing and if so there may be hope for Days after all!

Did I read the credits right? Was Meg K the scriptwriter today (She was listed after the other script writers, under the "and")

*If* she was, I do believe I have new found respect for her!

Archived