Toups

The Tennis Thread

Khachanov choked big time, but he’s 22 playing a clutch Nadal on a huge stage. I don’t want to overstate the importance of one match, but if he can build on that, look out. He’s very underrated in that NextGen conversation.

Whew, Serena. That was masterful. Kanepi, then Pliskova/Barty, and then likely Sloane. 

Edited by Faulkner

Kyrgios :rolleyes:

I thought he was supposed to up his level for the big guys. Federer was basically handing Nick games and now looks to close out the match routinely. 

37 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

The most important thing is he's out!  

He’s been feuding with (and fat-shaming) Ben Rothenberg on Twitter today post-match. He’s disgusting.

Edited by Faulkner

Kohlschreiber upsets Sascha Zverev, who continues to disappoint in Slams. Lendl has his work cut out for him.

Kohl faces the winner of Diego/Kei. Nishikori has two sets to love lead.

Edited by Faulkner

This De Minaur kid is incredible. In a week when Tsitsipas, Kyrgios, and Zverev all disappointed, he and Khachanov impressed me with their fight against former USO champions.

13 hours ago, Faulkner said:

This De Minaur kid is incredible. In a week when Tsitsipas, Kyrgios, and Zverev all disappointed, he and Khachanov impressed me with their fight against former USO champions.

I was hoping De Minaur would get the win. He was up two sets and couldn't close it out. I couldn't make it pass 1 am...and I just fell asleep......LOL  ...This is Tsitsipas first US Open and the heat got to him so he'll be ok....Kyrgios needs to stop playing tennis...he is an embarrassment to the sport......I was so happy Sasha lost...not even Lendl could help him.....

20 hours ago, Faulkner said:

He’s been feuding with (and fat-shaming) Ben Rothenberg on Twitter today post-match. He’s disgusting.

20 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Kohlschreiber upsets Sascha Zverev, who continues to disappoint in Slams. Lendl has his work cut out for him.

Kohl faces the winner of Diego/Kei. Nishikori has two sets to love lead.

Kyrgios and Sasha need to go on long vacations away from tennis....LOL

24 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

The hell? Coric was screaming at the chair umpire because of his own sweat dripping on the court and making it slippery?

Ha...yeah....if I were Del Po I'd be pissed about Coric's erotic moans......LOL

:lol:

I understand why players promote the hotels they stay in while playing in big tournaments for discounts or special rates, but I’m glad this article addresses the security concerns of announcing your whereabouts on social media. Lots of crazies with nefarious intent out there.

Edited by Faulkner