The Tennis Thread

• Members

Ain’t it something that of all the “top” ATP players, Kei Nishikori is the only one who had a straightforward victory today? He *stays* playing five setters, even when he doesn’t need to (letting inferior players into matches due to lapses in focus).

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I heard that the Fognini-Edmund match was bizarre. Lots of momentum shifts and MTOs, but Fognini came out the winner.

Was Karolina really that bad against Sharapova? That scoreline 😯

Seems like the Serena/Maria match is looking almost certain (still awaiting the Serena/Goerges match), and many are scared that this will be Maria’s best chance at a victory over Serena, who is struggling with movement, in 14 years. We do know Serena always brings it 500% against Maria, form be damned, but I would hate to see the doper gloating smugly over finally beating Serena in almost 20 tries.

Mugu is really rolling this tournament. Giorgi put up a fight, but Sloane came through.

• Members

Literally the rest of the week looks awful weather-wise in Paris (and I mean through the end of the tournament). Tomorrow and Tuesday look particularly bad. I wonder if we’ll see any play before Wednesday.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I don't understand the Cecchinato loss. I thought for sure Goffin would win. He hasn't played that much tennis to be that tired. He hasn't looked right since his eye injury.

The bottom half of the men's draw is on schedule so they really don't have to play till Wednesday with a Friday semis schedule. The women's draw could miss a day or two since they are on schedule too minus the one match. It's the men's top half of the draw that would be affected.