Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How did I miss your other post(s), Chit?  Maybe I'm sleep deprived (shouldn't have stayed up watching that tennis:huh:).

I heard that Nick has been fined, so I'm sure the apology was a firm suggestion so he could keep things moving.  I think the apology was necessary and I guess the fine is appropriate but some people do have a point when they asked why Stakhovsky hasn't been fined for the derogatory remarks he made recently.  Tennis has to start meting out these reprimands more evenly.  If one gets a fine, another should get a fine for something similar. 

Someone made a statement on social media that  Kokk and Vekic dated prior to Stan, so what to make of that?  Just a weird situation.

Berdych may still be in his honeymoon, but good for Donald Young for grabbing that win!

Cool for Andy Murray and Kim Sears but it will be interesting to see Andy, toting a baby girl or baby boy in one of those slings/carrier.  Actually, I can see that (lol).

The ATP is definitely carrying a lot more drama than the WTA and has been for about a year now.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
why can I no longer separate paragraphs and sentences? My posts look so unattractive now.

• Members

Did Stak make the comments on the court?  What exactly did he say?  Nick will be fined $10k, and I wish it were more.  In the heat of the moment rants, I understand.  But Nick is not a decent person, and I have a huge problem with that.  

I was super happy that DY got that big win.  He's got a good game, but he seems emotionally fragile on the court.  

• Members

Stakhovsky said in an interview that he would never allow his daughter to play tennis because it was a bunch of lesbians and he'd worry about his daughter's safety.  He also went on to say that there are no homosexuals in the ATP although he once thought Nadal and Gasquet were gay (he named some other player but I don't remember who) but now he believes that they are straight.  To me, there is little difference whether the remarks were on court or off, when Shamil Tarpischev uttered those offensive comments about the Williams Sisters, he did it on a late night talk show in Russia but he was still punished and rightly so.

But oncourt, just last year Fabio hurled an ethnic slur at another player and I don't remember whether there was any fine.  I think there may have been an apology.

Someone else pointed out the Michael Llodra incident a couple years back when he called a woman in the crowd a Chinese whore.  He was fined $2500 and issued an apology but no further action was taken.  Maybe the fine has been increased since then but the ATP stated that they are looking at the possibility of further action in the Kyrgios situation. The only other time I can remember an organization looking at further action after a fine has been issued was in 2009 during the l'affaire Serena.

Then again, this is the same sport that fined Donald Young for yelling 'Son of a Biscuit!'

• Members

Really??  She just played 2 sets of tennis against Wozniacki.  Before she scolded Nick, she was doing plenty of chatting him up on social media, so I'd put him on the list too.  And then there's Sascha, who she's posted Vine and Instagram videos of him doing her laundry and her riding him like a pony (or is that stallion?), so throw his name in there too.:lol:

But I tried to look that up and only came across some social media posts from last year, posing the same preggers hypothesis.

All the drama and sexual innuendo can stay on the ATP side, even Serena said she has relinquished her drama queen status and is basically satisfied waiting for the next bit of ATP gossip to come out.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

WTF! How did Serena lose? She basically had no competition left (all the big names were gone), the tournament was hers, the Grand Slam was right there, and she loses after winning the first set?  What a huge disappointment.  I had money on her too. Damn. LOL

• Members

That's sports, for you!  That's why I don't make predictions.  Ever.  I wasn't surprised by Flavia Pennetta, she's been tough for years but I must admit, of all the people to emerge out of Serena's half of the draw, Vinci is definitely a surprise!  

I read that in Serena's post match remarks that she said that she only felt tight in a few points but otherwise felt no pressure.  Sorry but I don't believe this.  She had never before lost to Vinci.  Vinci played well, don't get me wrong but there were several shots where Serena simply hit the ball straight back to Vinci-- what else was Vinci going to do with a ball?  Vinci realized Serena had nerves and really took it to her.  

Ouch for Serena but she still currently holds all four Majors for the time being and has 21 Majors.  That's one silver lining.  That's many silver linings, actually.

• Members

Everyone in that stadium and the ESPN announcers were in total shock after the win  MJ kept saying that Serena wasn't moving. Her feet were stuck on the court. Serena just didnt know what to do with the ball. Either hit it real hard or just get it back. She totally lost focus on what kind of shot to play in that last set. 

ESPN Sportscenter is all over this and now they are saying the value of the final's match tickets are going down…and I bet some if not a lot will sell their tickets. Even the tournament director of the US Open was in total shock and upset with Serena's loss. Think of all the money the tournament will lose tomorrow and the non ratings in the TV ratings.

And Serena gave only a 3 minute press conference. I was actually surprised she gave one. It must have been so difficult to walk into that press conference and talk after such a devastating loss.

Ticket prices are continuing to drop…ESPN is reporting that tickets for tomorrow's final are going for as low as 40 dollars….WOW!