Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I would guess this is probably what will be Madison Keys as well.  I called it earlier in the week when I saw who was where in the draw.  I said, Oh Madison will pull out her best match against Pegula and then TANK because.....it's Madison and it's what she does.  So, we shall see.

• Members

The American tennis bodies seem to have forgotten that when tennis reached its highest peaks of popularity, it was accessible to the masses on television. Tennis is the only sport I have heard of which seemingly goes out of its way to alienate both longtime fans and potential fans. They are probably waiting for the Saudis to tell them what to do.

I tell you another thing, the USTA needs to stop ceding exclusive streaming rights to ESPN and the Tennis Channel, for that matter. When the US Open streamed matches on their website, the streaming quality was a sure shot better than ESPN’s site. If the USTA had any sense, they would have kept the rights to streaming, and court sponsors to air ads directly on their website. Do something similar to Tennis Australia, make the streaming of the U.S. Open available to stream to people in the U.S. and its territories on the U.S. Open website and run ads and get corporations to sponsor the streaming. Like I said before, maybe they’re waiting on Saudi money.

• Members

No - because the AC would take hours and hours to cool the place down and with that many people in the stadium, it would be even hotter than with the roof open.  It creates a hot green house.  I don't know how well it does if they just have it closed for the evening or day before, with the AC on, but I think that many people under one roof would make it boil - that's what I've heard as the reason.