Favorite Holiday Movies!

KLN

• Members

We all love 'em. Those holiday movies that give us a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. And since that time of year is right at our doorsteps, you know we'll all be popping in our favorite holiday films and watching them with big, cheesy smiles on our faces.

What are your favorites? Are there any Christmas movies/specials on TV that you catch every year?

Personally, I love "A Christmas Story" (classic!), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!), Scrooged (Bill Murray kicks ass... Alfre Woodard!), It's A Wonderful Life (isn't it, though?), Miracle on 34th Street (adorable!), and recently I've come to love the movie Elf, LoL. And, despite it's non-Christmas nature, I always love watching the movie Misery around Christmas time for some reason, LoL. And for Thanksgiving, the day wouldn't be complete without watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I love when Santa rides in at the end -- I get so excited, just like I'm a little kid again! LoL

As for television, I always watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas (I own it on DVD, the cartoon version), Frosty the Snowman (also own it on DVD), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Christmas isn't complete without it!), Christmas in Rockefeller Center. Speaking of Rockefeller Center, I'd love to go to NYC sometime during the holiday season and go skating in that big ice skating rink. That'd be awesome! Who wants to go with me? LoL Anyway, I also LOVE that movie that VH1 airs with with Vanessa Williams called "A Diva's Christmas Carol" where Vanessa plays Ebony Scrooge, LoL. I'm such a dork.

Anyway, what are your favorites?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My absolute fave is Miracle on 34th street with maureen o'hara and 6 year old natalie wood, I love these two actresses, I'm watching this movie tonight. My second fave is The christmas story.lol I love when that little boys tongue gets stuck on the pole and when ralphie beats up the bully.lol My third fave is It's a wonderful life.

• Members

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Frosty The Snowman

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

A Christmas Carol (Starring Patrick Stewart)

The most outragous special from a television show I had ever seen was the Little House On The Prarie Christmas episode where it snowed all night, and the snow had piled so high the only way to get to the barn (where the presents were) was to walk across the packed snow from the upstairs window back and forth between the house and the barn. How Michael Landon as Charles didn't fall through, or how the house didn't collapse from the weight, was never explained. I laugh every time I see that.

• Members

Home Alone I and II

Smokey Mountain Christmas (Dolly Parton)

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Gremlins

It's a Wonderful Life

Frosty The Snowman

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

A Christmas Story

Call Me Claus (Whoopi Goldberg) It's only been out since 2001 but I have watched it every year since.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived