AMC: Canadian TVG Online Interview with Estensten & Brown

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found it funny that Lucci was praising the unabortion in the magazines and what not but you could tell she was just being a team player about it...she wouldn't deliberately say it was a bad story and speak out against it-that is just not her style.

Josh did make history, though, by being the first walking fetus :lol:

• Members

I'd like to think so -- having just come from a script editing gig. I mean, if I, in my total amatuer status, apply the rule, then I'd hope they would. They just need to get a better script editor than Jeff Beldner. Too much garbage has made it to air under his red pen.

I'm still shuddering at Courtney Bugler's horribly awkward Beach Speech she gave Ryan... for Cameron Mathison, of all people, to perform.

• Members

Where and when did Susan praise it? Aside from the original interview she did where she told us who Josh was, she's been very, erriely IMO, quiet about the entire mess. Believe me, the one person who could have made a difference and may have possibily kept me watching AMC was Ssuan. I've been waiting almost two years for her to tell us what she thinks of Josh, and yet nothing. I love her for being such a team player, but I still wonder if the outrage to Josh could have been qwelled had Susan spoke about the issue.

Now, I don't care. She could call Josh a God, and I'd roll my eyes. The show got away with it, doesn't matter who says what anymore. What's done is done.

• Members

Interesting tidbit about Esensten. I was reading an old interview with her in SOD from 1999, and she is asked what was her favorite soap growing up, and it was All My Children! She also said the Jenny was her favorite character of all time :) I rolled my eyes before when she had said AMC was always her favorite soap, thinking she was making it up. But, guess she was telling the truth!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If AMC is her fav daytime show of all time, then I expect much more from her and Brown's writing. Also, how come she never wrote for AMC until 2007? She HW Loving which was AMC's sister show.

What kind of script writers are Esensten & Brown? I ask this b/c AMC is in desperate need of several new SW to replace Bugler, Taylor & Kanelos (aka The Forgetful Children)

• Members

Rumoru was they did want B/E to come on AMC when City was canceled--Burke, the EP came on after all. Lorraine Broderick was still doing well tho (tho the ratings sadly were slipping) and then GL snapped the pair up before AMC could. Just cuz it's their fave show doesn't mean they'll be able to make it stunning in a month--talent could be a prob but sop could Frons and JHC. that' sa very narrow minded view I think

I think B/E are actually known to be quite good script writers--isn't that where they starte don GL in the early 90s?

Archived