Days- Revitalising The Hortons

• Members

Days core family are represented these days by

Alice (due to Frances Reid's age and health,she has been once this year)

Maggie (a Horton by marriage)

Hope (Alice's grandaughter)

Shawn D (Hope's son)

Lucas(hardly recognised as a Horton)

Jeremy(Alice's great grandson)

Nick(Alice's great grandson)

Hogan spoke about bringing the Hortons back into prominence.He brought on Doug and Julie(basically guest spots) and created the never before mentioned Nick as well as Jeremy.However,there has been little interaction between members of the family.

Do you think that the Hortons have had their day or more could be done?

In realistic terms,how would you bring the Hortons back to the forefront? By that,I mean,in terms of the current stories on Days.

I would re-introduce Marie Horton in a recurring capacity.Hopefully Maree Cheatham would undertake the role.She would come to Salem to move in with Alice and work at the hospital.The Horton house set would be used and Nick and Jeremy could live there.

Days is in the fortunate position to be able to use flashbacks so newer viewrs could see Marie interact with Alice or Julie in the 60's and feel a part of the history of the show.

I would deal with the Mickey situation.Killing off Mickey is an option but I was also thinking of doing the same with Bill so perhaps Mickey could be recast.Ideally John Clarke would agree to make a few appearances a year.

I would like to see your ideas for the Hortons.Who would you bring back and how would they fit into tthe show?Would you do a Hogan and create new family members?

Here is a list of the Horton family currently off screen.

Tom Horton Jr - last seen in 79

Sandy Horton - his daughter -last seen in early 80's

Bill Horton - last a full time character in 1980 - seen sporadically in the 80's and 90's

Laura Horton - last seen a few years ago

Steve Olsen - Julie's brother - last seen in 79

Spencer Olsen -Steve's son -mentioned by Julie in the early 90's

Marie Horton - last seen in 85

Mickey Horton - still in Salem but not seen for a few years

Mike Horton - Bill's son Jeremy's father - last seen early 2000's

David Banning - Julie's son last seen in 83

Scott Banning - Julie's grandson -last seen in early 90's

Melissa Anderson- Mickey&Maggie's adopted daughter. last seen in early 90's

Sarah Horton- Maggie's daughter by Neil Curtis - last seen in early 90's

Jessica Blake - Marie's daughter Jeremy's mom -last seen in 82

OK people - get busy!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see them bringing back many Hortons at this point, but the most needed Horton right now would be Mike - because of the Jeremy situation I think Mike is really needed. He then could be asked to take over as head of the hospital and go from there. I would like to see Michael T. Weiss back in the role and paired with Billie. Getting Marie back could be good too because of Nick. We do need more Hortons!

• Members

A Mickey Horton recast would be helpful to get someone working under him so they can become the new Salem lawyer. There is no one to fill that role since Mickey and Frankie are gone.

Nick needs a story independent of Chelsea again so we can flesh out more of who he is.

Mike Horton would be really useful to give Billie a love interest, it would help flesh out more of who Jeremy is and could pay dividends in the drama that it would create for Chelsea and Jeremy seeing their parents hook up.

I sort of hated Laura Horton so I don't have any interest in her coming back. Oh and you forgot Jen and Abby who are also Hortons. I don't really know any of the other Hortons so can't comment on what they'd bring to the table.

• Members

I'd defininitely think a Mickey Horton re-cast is needed. He's mentioned quite a bit when someone needs a legal eagle. Bring back John Clarke recurringly (if his health permits), if not re-cast with a daytime vet like Nicholas Pryor (ex-Victor Collins, PC), Peter Hansen(ex-Lee Baldwin, GH & PC), Jerry Douglas (John Abbott, Y&R), Jed Allan (ex-Don Craig, DAYS, ex-Edward Quartermaine, GH; ex-CC Capwell, SB), or Patrick Duffy (ex-Bobby Ewing, DALLAS).

With Jeremy Jacobs Horton back on the show, Dr. Mike Horton is definitely needed. Bring back Michael T. Weiss or someone his age (not Roark Critchlow, who was too young for the role and still is especially given that Trevor Donovan(Jeremy) is around 25.

Also I'd bring back either/or Melissa or Sarah Horton, or maybe both. A return of Jessica Blake Fallon, Nick's mom, also might be good. I'd say bring 'em back for a funeral like maybe Marie Horton's (in honor of Lanna Saunders) or Dr. Bill Horton (in honor of Edward Mallory).

• Members

I would seriously sell my soul to the devil to have Michael t. Weiss and Missy Reeves in a scene together again. I grew up watching the "Squirt" days, and man it was great to see such a realistic entertaining big brother/little sister duo.

• Members

All good ideas but with an inflated cast already, I don't think there is much chance of any of the above mentioned characters coming back right now. But we do seriously need resolution with Mickey. And brimike, I so would love Michael and Missy in scenes together again. What fun they were!

• Members

Which was genius, because there was so much tragedy in their house (based off of Mike's conception), but instead of going there, MtW and MR (and the writers at the time) totally played against it, and played their relationship as FUN. With so much love and support, and HUMOR. Which was such a nice dichotomy to all the tragedy and pain around the Bill/Laura/Mickey triangle. It was like these two characters clearly found solace (not *that* kind of solace. :-)) in each other growing up in such a rough environment. they were one of my favorite non-sexual couples in soap history. Chemistry out the wazoo.

• Members

Get rid of Jeremy! Well, Trevor Donavon. Someone else to play Jeremy would be good. I would love Mike to return, but not Roark. Was never a fan of his.

I would like to see abby return & live with Maggie. To me, that is enough Hortons. You don't want overload

• Members

I always thought ty treadway would be a good Mike. Not when he was on One Life to Live though. WAY too dark. But when I saw how goofy he was in real life, I thought he'd fit in really well, and still be able to play emotional drama. I'd love to see him with Julie Pinson.

(ducking for cover) :-)

Archived