DAYS: Friday

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second that.

Little Tyler K is so cute! And I enjoyed the Philip/Billie scenes. I wish they would give Billie a decent story because I really love her (and we need a break from some of the others). And MBE must be a great mom because she was so good in scenes with that baby; she's a natural. Good to see Lexie, too.

I'm glad Shawn came clean with Belle about Lauren and that Belle told the truth about the clothes. At least they managed to have a conversation that made sense without Shawn turning into a caveman again.

I'm not going to even comment on the rest of the show because I don't have the energy for it.

• Members

I enjoyed a big portion of this episode, but was bored by the rest..I loved the Phillip and billie, and Kayla, Abe, Lexie scenes....this baby storyline has totally rejuvenated the show for me...I'm so glad that Phillip has a story outside of Belle and Shawn, and i love that the Lauren surrogate thing wasn't just dropped..Shawn's explaination about Mimi, Bonnie, and Lauren really made sense..Bonnie was the one who was financing the whole thing and since she's in jail, she can't do anything about it...

Kayla finding the baby was great, and i'm glad they brought Abe and Lexie into this..I think this will be a perfect story for Steve and Kayla, filled with lots of emotion...

Belle and Shawn were boring until the last two scenes, when shawn fessed up about Lauren...

And i fastforwarded Lumi and EJ..I love all 3 of those characters, but i've ODed on them this year...and now they bore me..Even when the scenes should be exciting..

• Members

I agree Toups..and i know for a fact Jay is very excited to get to work with Mary Beth and SN...Its just nice when the characters aren't isolated in their own individual stories all the time, and things get mixed up with different characters in the canvas...

• Members

Bonnie was out on bail for a brief while and said that Victor had posted her bail. Everyone scratched their heads about it, and then it was never mentioned again and Bonnie went to prison.

I thought this meant that Bonnie and Victor had struck a deal. He paid her bail, and she told him where to find Lauren. I expected Victor to have this baby in a secret room somewhere.

So why did Vic post bail for Bonnie so long ago??? Or were we just supposed to forget about that?

• Members

Like others, I am finding myself surprisingly intrigued by this baby storyline. I just wish they called the baby something other than Pocket. I loved Kayla with the baby and also Kayla with Lexie today, even though I don't remember ever thinking the Kayla-Lexie scenes that remarkable when Lexie was her nurse before she disappeared. I guess it's just nice for the change of pace aspect.

Phillie are so great together I wish they would work together at Titan or something. They could have Phillip let Billie take back Countess Wilhelmina or something and give this show a workplace setting again now that Mythic and Max's garage are gone. So nice to see JKJ in scenes away from Shelle and I wish they would use Phillip more because he is showing now that he works great with Billie just like he was great with EJ when those two were scheming together. As for Billie, I admit when I first heard they resigned Julie Pinson I was disappointed because I don't see her working with any current man in Salem (I know Billie is known for her desperation but would she really go for EJ when she knows EJ slept with her mom and also believes he raped her sister-in-law ... and when he's not already a married man? LOL) and I wanted them to trim some fat to make room in the budget and storylines to keep Leann Hunley around. Now these eps have me glad Julie is here to stay I guess but I just wish Billie wasn't related to everyone. If only we could swap Frankie for Max or they brought Jack back with Abby in the fall and Jack and Billie could have a little something going. I think Matt Ashford and Julie Pinson could be fun.

Shawn and Belle are tiresome. I hate that the show has them fighting over money when we all know Belle is loaded as the daughter of John Black.

I *LOVE* Lauren so far though and hope she sticks around for a little bit of an extended run. I don't want them to put her in every story the way they did Willow before, but every soap can use a screwed up psycho girl and with Willow dead that torch has gone uncarried for too long.

The ice truck segment again was annoying as hell for pretty much all the reasons I stated yesterday, but somehow it was even worse today seeing the dragged out closeups of the hand for the second day in a row and Lucas seemed extra flour-battered.

It also pissed me off that they had a really stupid piece of dialogue thrown in the scene where EJ made a joke to Sami about not wanting to save Lucas a third time. Actually DOOL writers, though EJ has only been in Salem 14 months or so, today was ALREADY THE THIRD TIME he has saved the life of the doofus in distress.

Of course the first time was from the fire in Carrie's apartment that EJ had nothing to do with and so the scene actually showed him being a good Samaritan and rescuing Lucas simply because Sami asked him to so and failing to pretend that never happened might actually require them to acknowledge to viewers that EJ wasn't always the 100 percent self-interested scoundrel that Hogan has made him out to be since taking over, so they just went with the line that was most convenient to make EJ look bad and have Sami pretend like she hates him all over again.

I wish Mike Cohen had got to be one of the SWs for these episodes so the ice truck crap might have actually been interesting and had depth and showed more EJ conflict about what he is doing if they are going to take him in another direction so it would seem like they are giving EJ back his sinister edge but with shades of gray rather than going all bad, but alas that wasn't the case and Bettina Bradbury was on the job so we got to have the rape brought up again like always. I really wish I couldn't tell the difference from SW to SW on this show, but when it comes to EJ/Sami/Lucas it's STRIKING and ANNOYING the lack of continuity in how the characters are written.

Because according to Bettina Bradbury, Sami has to protest that EJ is irrelevant to her and she is afraid of him. Yet when Jodie Scholz writes it's hinted in the dialogue that EJ and Sami are fated together and Sami tells Hope that she believes that EJ has changed and remembers him as her friend who accepted her like no one else had. I know Sami is pregnant so she is going to be emotional but at this point I wish she could take time out from the feud to seek treatment for her bipolar disorder.

• Members

Little Tyler is adorable. This baby story has major potential and it's great to see Steve/Kayla getting good story and for Philip to be doing something other then being a third wheel to Shelle. Abe/Lexie being involved is a major plus, especially given their history with adopting a child. Good history nod there. This is something I can see Hogan doing well with.

Shawn and Belle were boring until he was honest about Lauren. Philip and Billie are great together. Pinson is gold and she is good with one-liners. She just needs a story to call her own and a love interest too.

Lucas/Sami/EJ was dramatic at first but simmered towards the end. AS and JS did good though and I liked the Lucas/Sami reunion.

I didn't like the way the episode ended either. Days needs to get in the habit of more Friday cliffhangers because they haven't had many lately. Today was pretty good though.

• Members

TY IMissAremid for pointing out the SW differences - it's good to know this twilight zone feeling doesn't mean I need to seek help, but rather that the show needs to get it's sh*t together and get on the same page already!!

Loved Billie and Phillip, and that Shawn was a dolt for not telling anyone what was going on. Shawn and Lucas seem to be tied for this year's stupid award; but, hey, at least the writing for both has been consistent.

Kayla with the baby was great - she's a natural and the only thing I'm not going to like is the heartbreak that will come when they eventually give up the baby. But, ITA that it's a good storyline.

• Members

Not a bad show. What I found interesting was that the writers took a moment to clarify who are the rooting couples, Lumi and Shelle. EJ tried to kill Lucas, and Sami is afraid of EJ. Lumi will prevail but it will be messy.

Philip stated he is Victor in training and with Shelle finally coming clean its clear that Philip is going to be the villian.

Lord it was good to see Pinson on air again.

Archived