AMC 1998 Episode Rankings Counts

• Members

Yes, because Robin's Janet had plastic surgery to look like a brand new person. This was when AMC spent years reforming the character and adding layers to her. Then, of course, McTavish had to ruin it all by bringing Janet back in the form of Kate Collins and making it seem as if Janet had never reformed. :rolleyes:

I don't care if Kate Collins originated the role, Robin Mattson will ALWAYS be Janet to me. She was the Janet I loved, sympathized with, and watched for. She brought a whole new dimension to that character and AMC, during the divine Lorraine Broderick tenure, spent years trying to make that character normal. It's a shame that's all gone to hell...

And pyshcofan, Robin can play a good psycho/bitch, she's done it in many of her other soap roles. ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Janet was fun, played by Robin and she could play crazy but nice as well..........

Jennifer Bassey as Marian has probaly never had so much to do like this year, same goes for Stuart & Opal.

Brooke was on more than Erica that also is something special, has it happened another year.

And if anyone knows who played Angela, Raquel Dion the newcomer who had a son with Mateo, her sister Angela.

"!!!!!!!!!!.........??????????"

• Members

Yeah that's why I never bought the line that McT was behind Brooke having nothing to do--I think Fronz and co froze her out...

At the time many were mad cuz Broderick had been starting an Ester (was that her name?) stuart relationship but I think ultimately McT's pairing with Marian worked--one of her few big successes in that period

• Members

Was 1998 when Ryan was introduced?>>>>

Yes it was and it was one of few storylines McTavish did right that year (Ryan/Gillian). Her other successes were minimal but they were Adam/Liza, Stuart/Marian, Brooke's trial, Tad/Dixie, and if you want to count Hayley/Mateo not being married and Raquel's introduction then do it (I Found it a good story but bad timing since Hayley/Mateo had been tortured enough that year)

• Members

Yeah they usually ignore that aspect. I just found an early proteus episode I had from when Passanante's stuff was still being finished (no HWers credited) and I forgot how infestedwith ghosts Pine Valley was--we had Jesse's ghost haunting Tad for no real reason offering him cryptic clues, Gillian's ghost had finally left, etc

• Members

McT is random to a tee. I still think she got the idea from a Simpsons episode that aired around the same time :lol:

Grandpa Simpson and his troops founjd some Nazi art work and stole it.

It was very similar.

Archived