Y&R Discussion: Week of July 23rd

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sounds like a mandate from on high (BB). She........hoepfully.......is now sick and damn tired of Y&R getting absolutely blasted on MBs and in the media for how bad it is. Maybe she told LML....

BB: Look, woman. My 6-year-old walked up to me after seeing an episode of Y&R and asked me "Mommy? What is this [!@#$%^&*] on television?" You better clean this crap up toot sweet, or the only job you'll have in this buidling will be as the [!@#$%^&*] janitor.

I pray, like others have stated, that she is about to be shown her walking papers.

• Members

That's a prime example why I think sucks so extremely badly. You can have horrendous pacing, stupid stories but great actor can still make it somewhat worth IF the dialogue is good.

Here I continously disagree with Sylph, of whom I've in general a very high opinion, but I think the dialogue on Y&R is even more sh*tty than the headwriting. These people know NOTHING about Y&R. They make stuff up instead of using history, the dialogue is extremely cheesy, contrieved and nothing but stupid and by it's dumbed nature I always totally felt sold for dumb.

Hence I'm no longer watching this poor excuse of a once great show written by real mastes of the writing class.

Archived