Hollyoaks

• Members

Can't believe there isn't more talk about BBCA's showing of Hollyoaks! I thought a new daily soap would have people more excited! Been watching it the past month and quickly have seen it move into my favorite show spot! Anybody looking for something unlike US daytime soaps should check it out! Good stuff! Am I the only viewer?

Kade

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hollyoaks is EXCELLENT! I hope it's not one of many shows dropped by BBCA. This is better than any US soap by far. Love the realism when it comes to the stories they tackle. Any one of these would be controversial in the US, but it refelcts real life, IMO.

LOVE the entire McQueen family, Zak, Russ, Zoe, Kris, Nancy, Tony, Gilly, Dom and the beautiful Nicole. I was so disappointed to see her leave so soon! Brilliant actress there. I don't really like Amy bc she's annoying and Sarah and Hannah can toss off for being so evil to Nicole.

Hopefully more soap fans pick up on this soap. They've missed so much already and I'm sure they would fall in love with it.

• Members

I LOVED EastEnders back in the day, sadly most of the characters I loved the most are gone now, I was a huge fan of Martin and Sonia and the Slater family, also loved the character of Mel...once in a while I'll check out an EE site and there are very few names I recognize! :(

Hollyoaks is saving me these days soap-wise, only other serial I watch is Y&R and that's not been a whole lot of fun lately!

Kade

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 7 2007, 01:01 AM)
Hollyoaks is EXCELLENT! I hope it's not one of many shows dropped by BBCA. This is better than any US soap by far. Love the realism when it comes to the stories they tackle. Any one of these would be controversial in the US, but it refelcts real life, IMO.

LOVE the entire McQueen family, Zak, Russ, Zoe, Kris, Nancy, Tony, Gilly, Dom and the beautiful Nicole. I was so disappointed to see her leave so soon! Brilliant actress there. I don't really like Amy bc she's annoying and Sarah and Hannah can toss off for being so evil to Nicole.

Hopefully more soap fans pick up on this soap. They've missed so much already and I'm sure they would fall in love with it.

I agree that I was scared to get into Hollyoaks but BBCA is under new management I've heard...they've burned me on more than one occasion pulling shows too quickly, but I hope those days are gone.

I'm a big McQueen family fan as well. My favorite character is probably Clare, she's just so evil! I love it! So many people are complaining about the state of the US dailies so I hope more people check Hollyoaks out, it's miles above what we have on American daytime! Wish one of our soaps would try to hit the level of realism that I've seen in Hollyoaks and Eastenders...

Kade

• Members

I see the weekend omnibus is gone as well...

To be honest I never thought the showing the previous days episode at ten and then the new one at half ten was ever a good idea so getting rid of that works for me...

I guess I'm glad BBCA is tinkering with the schedule, it at least makes it look like the channel is supporting it. I think the late afternoon timeslot actually is a better place for the show personally. There are a lot of younger characters so showing it when a potential teen audience is in bed earlier due to school doesn't really make a lot of sense (we're talking August here on the new schedule)

What's up with that one random lone airing August 1st at 9:30???

Kade

• Members

There are some DVD's in the UK (I think that they are/were special episodes and not compilations) but there is nothing in the US. Right now on BBCAmerica's home site there is a "The Story So Far" special that aired before the first US episode six weeks ago or so that introduces all the characters and plots. Clare is a fantastic character, a total witch, the storyline with she, Max, OB, and Tom is my favorite by far! Love her! You should check the show out nightly, it's miles ahead of any US soap!

Kade

• Members

Wasn't Clare one of the main characters in the spinoff In the City? They yanked it too soon on BBC America.

I can't say I understood the 10 PM slot especially with 10 being repeats of day before.

But I'm glad if they're moving it they're not actually dropping it like they have done so often with other shows.

There was a dvd special episode just like a Brookside one. But I think there's a few compilations on video which were more like documentaries (like "The Women" and "The Men" and behind the scenes.) The videos are probably hard to find.

None of them were out in the US.

The dvd is Hollyoaks: Indecent Behaviour.

They did run a bunch of the episodes on the holiday last week.

But I have no idea how any of this is doing in the ratings.

• Members

I hated the idea of running the old episode at 9 (my time) and the new one at 9:30...imagine if you catch your first two eps one night and come back the next night and the one you saw yesterday is playing at 9...kinda confusing. I think though that until they find a suitable mate for the show even in the afternoons it's just sort sitting around by itself, we're so far behind I could see them doubling up and doing two new ones a day, that'd be sweet!

The holiday marathon gave me great hope that BBCA is committed to the show. Still baffles me that SOD/SOW/TVG/EW haven't mentioned it ever...?!? Especially the soap mags that are always carrying on for the US shows to be more like what Hollyoaks actually is?!?

Kade

• Members

People are starting to get a bit nervous for The 'Oaks over at BBCA! With the way that channel has treated other soaps I'd say they have a right to be...I shot off an e-mail to Daniel Coleridge, Michael Ausiello, and Matt Roush over at TVGuide, one to The Pop Candy chick Whitney and TV columnist Matt Blanco over at USA Today, one to BBCA themselves, and a couple to each of the soap mags (SOW/SON) about the show hoping to get some PR for it. A few others over there at BBCA are doing the same thing...getting a bit pro-active I guess! Couldn't find anyone to e-mail at Entertainment Weekly...they're all hard to find! Still can't believe that with all these mags doing stories on Summer's guilty pleasures that this awesome show isn't being mentioned anywhere...same with the soap mags, they let Eastenders and Neighbours die when they were on BBCA and Oxygen, both died right as I was getting totally hooked! Right now Hollyoaks is stop one on my nightly DVR Train! Not sure why those two mags can't spare some space, they claim to be mags about the art and celebration of soaps but then ignore one of the best!?!

Kade

Archived