SOD AND SOW COVERS

• Members

SOD Cover:

WHO'S COMING! WHO'S GOING!

AT LAST! GL's Jonathan Returns (pic of Tom Pelphrey)

SURPRISE! GH's Emily (pic of Natalia Livingston)

BACK! GH's Anna (pic of Finola Hughes)

NEW ROLE! GH's Noah (pic of Rick Springfield)

OUT! ATWT's Emily (pic of Kelly Menighan Hensley, refers to her maternity leave)

DAYS BACHELOR: HOT GOSSIP ALERT!

NEW TWIST IN DAYS' MOST CONTROVERSIAL STORY (pic of EJ/Sami)

PASSIONS Shocker: Eve's Son Exposed!

SOW Cover:

SNEAK PREVIEW

A Surprise Wedding, SHOCKING SEX...And Two TRAGIC DEATHS!

(pics of: OLTL's Jessica/Nash, AMC's Lily, Y&R's Gloria/Will, GL's Jeffrey/Reva, B&B's Ashley/Ridge)

AMC's BIANCA RETURNS

GH's SPINELLI SHOT!

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/8674228

Days stuff sounds good. Wonder who the bachelor is. I also want to know who Eve's son is. Finally a payoff I've been waiting for. Hopefully, JER won't botch it although he probably will.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Eve's son is finally revealed?! Oh Lord, I hope JER doesn't mess this one up but I won't get my hopes up too high. However, at least it's revealed. This mystery has been going on for years and it's time to end it IMO.

Hmmm, I'm wondering what the twist is with Sami and EJ on Days. I haven't been reading too many spoilers lately, so I don't know that much. Phoenix, I too am wondering about the bachelor. I don't keep up with that type of stuff, so I'm clueless. :lol:

Bianca's returning AGAIN!? I wonder if it's a short or long term, though I have a feeling it will be a short term. And also sometimes SOW's cover is misleading, LOL.

• Members

Full DAYS Article:

Sami and EJ's story will take a different turn when portrayers Alison Sweeney and James Scott assume dual roles to play out the love story of Colleen Brady and Santo DiMera.

This week, the letters are finally translated and will be read by various Salemites while Scott and Sweeney bring them to life on-screen. It's really romantic story declares Sweeney. I personally think that the idea of these tragic, star-crossed lovers is wonderful and very classic soap. It's weird to go into this story where you know Colleen's going to find the love of her life and then it;s going to end tragically and cause this feud.

While Santo and Colleen will be falling in love, Sami and EJ will not. Nevertheless, this story provides an opportunity for the actors to work together romantically in less controversial tale. Naturally, we don't expect anyone to forget about the rape, not do we expect anyone to take EJ's rape of Sami lightly, notes Co-Executive Producer Stephen Wyman. However, we know life goes on. People can change. At some point, the issue of the rape is going to have to be dealt with in the fundamental way, but meanwhile, there is the audience that wants to see EJ and Sami together. [but] they aren't forgetting about the rape, either.

At this point, Sami is unaware that EJ is a dead ringer for Santo, as she is Colleen. "I'm not thinking of her as Sami and him as EJ: I have to play it as a different story", explains Sweeney. "She doesn't see it as any sort of reflection on her relationship with EJ at all."

The dual roles required that the actors work intensively with a dialect coach; Sweeney to handle an Irish brogue, Scott to learn an Italian accent. "My first reaction was utter, complete fear" confesses the actress. "It's all well and good to do a second role, but to have to do an Irish accent and play a character from the 50's? The only thing that preoccupied me from the moment they told me is I don't want to look like a fool on television and I don't know how I'm going to have the time, but I have to learn how to do this accent. It really scared me but now I'm starting to feel more confident with it."

• Members

Wow....Wyman really tried to defuse the Sami/EJ rape stuff here. It seems one of the big reasons in doing this was to put Sami/EJ together in a way to please their fans without actually putting the characters together. Interesting. It seems they aren't done dealing with the rape either. Wyman hinted at more redemption for EJ here and I am glad he came out and said it won't be glossed over and that Sami/EJ won't be forced.

This all sounds good. Ali seems worried about how she is portraying this but it seems she did fine. I like the idea of various actors reading the letters as the story plays out. It sounds very intriguing.

• Members

I thought Spinelli getting shot starts out Night Shift.

Ok, I misread Josh's post and thought it was Jonathan and Reva have sex. I don't know which is grosser, Jeffrey and Reva or Jonathan and Reva.

(I am kidding, Jon and Reva super icky)

Archived