June 11-15, 2007

Toups

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Issues with posters sweeping comments aside... I consider Tad/Dixie maybe AMC's greatest couple ever, if they're involved in a weak story (and on top of that, it's not a really a story the show has them in the driver's seat for) and the numbers suck it's not going to make me say Tad and Dixie don't work. That has happened...and that's basically what I'm saying. The thing that will make me say a couple or character doesn't work is personally, individually me not liking the couple or character, typically not the ratings.

I don't think any one couple or character is entirely responsible for driving a show's ratings up or down. Of course I think a "good" storyline can sometimes drive the ratings up as I think a "bad" storyline can drive it down because on this show the main storyline (not storylines, lol) sucks up over 50% of the show, at the very least. So while Greenlee and that storyline may be turning me off the most right now (thank you, AMC, for calming her down a bit this week), it's the fact that a lot of the stuff on the show is not appealing to me in general at the moment (on the side of that) that is making me, personally, stray from the soap a little.

I watched the entire episode on Monday, and I believe I watched most of last Friday's. I'm DVR'ing the show whenever I read good B/H stuff in the DAYS thread. Tony has intrigued me in some of the previews I've seen, I expected him to be cartoonish (you know why, lol) and I love that he doesn't seem to be.

• Members

WOW Frons lookie here! GH lost over 296,000 viewers over last year at this time! I love this, after what he did to my beloved Sonny&Emily story and ending it early with a potato chip! I hope GH sinks and sinks farther into a abyss.

I'm sick and tired of this baby story. It has ounce again ruined any interest of any other character having a child on GH in the next yr or so!

GH sucks right now and the responsibility needs to rest on Frons head and not on one specific writer!

• Members

Hmm interesting...Y&R is only down one point from three years ago but all of the other soaps have suffered major losses losing at least three points. Even more interesting because a rating point is worth more than it was three years ago.

• Members

I hear you! I can't tell you how much I want this. ;) I have no idea on the View! It will be interesting to see.

I've never wanted to see a Soap Opera fail as much as GH! Frons is a manipulator/control freak. I keep thinking about the press release he did back in Jan/Feb about this being a good time for GH to spin off NS. :lol::lol: He sucks!

I just want the fine actors on ABC to be able to produce a product that is interesting/entertaining to it's audience. Something that makes them dig deep into their craft. I feel sorry for the repetitive garbage they've been handed these last few years!

• Members

All of daytime is in the absolute gutter when it comes to ratings. Trying to pin a show's situation on one storyline is baseless because every friggin show is getting horrendous numbers. And quite frankly, most deserved.

• Members

Those decreases are tenths of a point and not a whole ratings point. Example...

"Y&R" (2004)...4.1 rating

"Y&R" (2005)...4.2 rating

"Y&R" (2006)...4.1 rating

"Y&R" (2007)...4.0 rating

When put into perspective like that, the loses are not as severe. The declines may even mirror the declines for the broadcast network's primetime audience as well.

While the daytime genre has certainly seen better days, I think it is premature to begin sounding a death knell.

• Members

It looks like LML not only works her voodoo magic on her cast but the Nielsen ratings and perhaps some fans, too. Ha, ha! I only kid.

I know this isn't soap related, but does anybody know what rating TPIR got for Bob Barker's final show? If it went up on that Friday by any significant amount, the CBS soaps' ratings for that day don't seem to reflect it.

• Members

I definitely think Greenlee's return is in part responsible for the drop in AMC's ratings. This storyline should never have been approved since the Ryan/Greenlee pairing was not really popular in the first place. I know Frons thinks Ryan/Annie are some kind of supercouple, but the fan response online at least has always been cold to them.

I hope the new writers will have enough power to change things by getting rid of Greenlee, Annie, Ava, and Jonathan, for starters. I think the show really needs to be refocused around the Martins and Chandlers instead of the Laverys and Careys.

• Members

Ask and you shall receive

The View

May 29 - June 1

Monday 2.8

Tuesday 3.5

Wednesday 3.2

Thursday 3.2

Friday 2.7

Weekly Average 3.1

June 5 - 9

Monday 3.0

Tuesday 2.6

Wednesday 2.7

Thursday 2.7

Friday 2.5

Weekly Average 2.7

June 12 - 16

Monday 2.7

Tuesday 2.9

Wednesday 2.6

Thursday 2.7

Friday 2.7

Weekly Average 2.7

• Members

the view was getting 3.5 with Rosie..oh well, she is gone now

daytime now as a whole is not what it used to be 20 years ago. blame it on internet, 150+ cable channels and constant pre emptions/breaking news cutting in(lack of respect ,imo).

I would like to see if possible Talk shows/daytime game shows/judge shows. would like to see a whole picture of daytime. I think that soaps are way above some talk shows and judge whatever. oprah i think is the only show that gets numbers above 6.0

Archived